I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Just received report of MRI scan

User
Posted 18 Jul 2018 at 17:59

Had a mpMRI scan last week - just received the report.  Report advises:  There is a large 2.5cm abnormality lying in the anterior gland.  This lies mostly on the right but it is seen to cross the midline.  This shows both restricted diffusion and positive DCE.  There is a focal bulge present.  The finding represents a PI_RADS 5 lesion.  There is a further small area of abnormal signal present within both peripheral zones posteriorly.  These represent PI_RADS 4 lesions.

Report also advises that no pelvic lymphadenopathy demonstrated and that Seminal vesicies are normal.

I take it that the next step should be a biopsy?

Hopefully I can get an appointment with my Consultant Urologist sooner rather than later!!

User
Posted 18 Jul 2018 at 21:20
You may get the biopsy appointment first and a follow up with the urologist afterwards. Sounds like a significant amount of grey area for them to target though so unlikely to have an unsuccessful biopsy :-/
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard
User
Posted 18 Jul 2018 at 23:11

Stuart

Sorry to see you here.  Although, in principle, a diagnosis will only be made upon biopsy, I had a similar but slightly worse mpMRI report in that I only had PIRAD 5 whereas you have both 4&5.  The urologist doing my biopsy told me he was fully confident of finding cancer.  The definition for PIRAD 4&5 are

• PI-RADS 4: high (clinically significant cancer is likely to be present)

• PI-RADS 5: very high (clinically significant cancer is highly likely to be present)

Best of luck with the biopsy.

Ulsterman

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 18 Jul 2018 at 21:20
You may get the biopsy appointment first and a follow up with the urologist afterwards. Sounds like a significant amount of grey area for them to target though so unlikely to have an unsuccessful biopsy :-/
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard
User
Posted 18 Jul 2018 at 23:11

Stuart

Sorry to see you here.  Although, in principle, a diagnosis will only be made upon biopsy, I had a similar but slightly worse mpMRI report in that I only had PIRAD 5 whereas you have both 4&5.  The urologist doing my biopsy told me he was fully confident of finding cancer.  The definition for PIRAD 4&5 are

• PI-RADS 4: high (clinically significant cancer is likely to be present)

• PI-RADS 5: very high (clinically significant cancer is highly likely to be present)

Best of luck with the biopsy.

Ulsterman