I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

A new phase

User
Posted 29 Jan 2020 at 12:37
I’m literally EXHAUSTED with stress having to wait till 19th Feb for scan results to confirm advanced cancer to spine and lymph’s. I’ve been a right mess yet physically fine. I desperately don’t want to go on HT forever more

If life gives you lemons , then make lemonade

User
Posted 29 Jan 2020 at 17:00

The testing and waiting on results takes its toll. Fingers crossed for you PP and everyone else too.

Chris J, I feel for you, waiting is hell.

Ido4

User
Posted 09 Feb 2020 at 13:27
Stress levels have been very very high this week (eye twitches driving me mad) and had three day virus as well. Still no job. Life generally uphill on all counts with no end in sight (unless you count dying early). Suddently switched from stress and anxiety to feeling really really REALLY angry today. Test results tomorrow. Luckily the anger is keeping me from feeling sad.

Just needed to rant :(

User
Posted 09 Feb 2020 at 13:35
No problem mate. Rant away. Just try and contain the anger lol. I’m in the same boat. Scan results have been 4 weeks due to Xmas backlog. So I find out Feb 19th whether I am advanced with spine and tissue mets and on the downward slide towards the unknown. I just keep working and smiling and painting but I’m all fu**ed up inside tbh. Good luck

User
Posted 09 Feb 2020 at 15:12

Rant anytime you like. Sorry you’re feeling this way. 

Ido4

User
Posted 09 Feb 2020 at 19:14

Feel sure that when results of various tests approach, we all become a trifle tense as to what the outcome will be. It’s only natural so stop beating yourself up. I see my urologist tomorrow for my latest PSA result, and even though I attempt to disguise my concern with a smile, inside I am bubbling away like crazy. Truly hope your result(s) are positive for you.

User
Posted 09 Feb 2020 at 19:22
Thanks guys. I blew off a lot of steam and am feeling more steady now.
User
Posted 09 Feb 2020 at 20:28

Pete

Was expecting to get my result Friday, but not come through. Got telecon with one of the onco nurses on Wednesday, unusually had a bit of anxiety this time.

Finger's crossed for both of us.

Thanks Chris

User
Posted 10 Feb 2020 at 06:41

Good luck Chris. Keep Us posted

User
Posted 11 Feb 2020 at 11:56
0.09 - "very stable" the nurse said. Next test in three months.

Pheeeewwww!!!

Time for celebratory glass.

Thanks for all the kind words and may all your results be good!

User
Posted 11 Feb 2020 at 12:38

I’ll have a celebratory glass with you, too. Cheers! - because my PSA reading was considered undetectable when I saw my Urologist yesterday. We limp from one hospital visit to another so when we get good news it’s the best feeling one can have. Well done and best of luck to all the other guys who have test results to face soon.

User
Posted 11 Feb 2020 at 13:13

Glug glug 🥃 

That was for you and me 😂

Well done!

And good luck to everyone else!

Edited by member 11 Feb 2020 at 13:17  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 11 Feb 2020 at 13:58

Good result. Celebratory glass well deserved!

User
Posted 11 Feb 2020 at 14:11
I’ll have a hangover by teatime 😈😈😈😈
User
Posted 11 Feb 2020 at 14:37

Great result! Had my first post-op bloods today. Didn’t drink enough water so slow coming out 🤷🏼‍♂️🥴😂 Result Thursday so a bottle in the cooler either way 😛

User
Posted 11 Feb 2020 at 15:09
Great news mate. I don’t need any encouragement to raise a toast to you lol

User
Posted 11 Feb 2020 at 16:19

Fantastic news. So pleased for you. Cheers!

Ido4

User
Posted 11 Feb 2020 at 16:25

Pete

Great news, hope it continues.

Thanks Chris

User
Posted 11 Feb 2020 at 17:58
Yayyy
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard