I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Another “lovely”side affect?

User
Posted 30 Jul 2018 at 10:14

Hy everyone,what a weekend.Had to use  emergency GP this weekend apparently cancer and treatment for it with low immune system as well could have caused shingles .Initial thoughts was S C C because of numbness in leg thankfully not that.Anyone else come across this.Some really good news we also had our first great grandson delivered . ARCHEY  All best GEOFF. PS wont be able to hold him for while because  of shingles

Edited by moderator 30 Jul 2018 at 12:28  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 30 Jul 2018 at 14:07
Hi Geoff,

It is unfortunate that sometimes having treatment for one problem can make you more susceptible to another. You have my sympathy with shingles. (I have had it twice, many years before being diagnosed with PCa and I remember how debilitating it can be). It requires special attention if it affects your eyes.

Hope you soon overcome the effects and are able to hold your new Grandson ,who I assume will not yet have been immunized against chickenpox/shingles.
Barry
User
Posted 30 Jul 2018 at 14:22
Many thanks BARRY .As long as we get a few ‘’HIGHS’’ with the ‘’LOWS’’ its not so bad .Cheers Geoff
User
Posted 30 Jul 2018 at 15:37

As if it isn't bad enough getting shingles to get it at this time is extremely unlucky timing. 

Many congratulations on the safe birth of your great grandson and I hope that it won't be too long before you can give him a hug.

Best wishes

Kevan 

User
Posted 30 Jul 2018 at 16:21
Thank you Kevan great grandma will have to give him a hug for me .Cheers Geoff
User
Posted 30 Jul 2018 at 18:13
Congratulations Great Granddad Banjobert.

You'll hold him in due course and it will be all the better for it.

When our second grandson was born (our daughter's first child) his 5 month old cousin had been hospitalised with suspected meningitis and as I had visited him before diagnosis I was not allowed to go anywhere near the newborn and it was weeks before I could hold him.

I had to stand in the doorway of the hospital room and view him from afar.

You'll get your hugs in eventually
We can't control the winds - but we can adjust our sails
User
Posted 30 Jul 2018 at 21:32
Thank you Johsan for your kind words and I'm sure you are right.It is good to be able to talk to others with similar problems .All the best Geoff