Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

G'day!

User
Posted 03 Aug 2018 at 02:18

Hello.

Thanks for having me.  I have just joined the forum.  I live in Australia, but I lived in the UK for 40 years before moving here 8 years ago.  I was an NHS nurse for 12 years, and I'm still a nurse here in Australia. 

I was diagnosed with prostate cancer 5 weeks ago, after a very slightly elevated PSA, on a background of family history.  Gleason 7, ISUP 2, on the list for surgery.

Hoping to learn something, and share experiences.

With best wishes,

Notdeadyet

:)

User
Posted 03 Aug 2018 at 21:11
Welcome notdeadyet,

You might check out the YANA Now web site run for many years by a much missed guy from Australia which still bears his mark, though the current moderator is a Yank with very good contacts and knowledge. It tends these days not to be as well used as an advice forum as PCUK, but it has a big database of individual cases, including a !ong entry of mine where the pseudonym is Old, rather than Auld, Codger. Very searchable and may help you as much as this forum.

Good Luck

AC

User
Posted 03 Aug 2018 at 02:18

Hello.

Thanks for having me.  I have just joined the forum.  I live in Australia, but I lived in the UK for 40 years before moving here 8 years ago.  I was an NHS nurse for 12 years, and I'm still a nurse here in Australia. 

I was diagnosed with prostate cancer 5 weeks ago, after a very slightly elevated PSA, on a background of family history.  Gleason 7, ISUP 2, on the list for surgery.

Hoping to learn something, and share experiences.

With best wishes,

Notdeadyet

:)

User
Posted 03 Aug 2018 at 07:15

Welcome, and ask away any questions or share your experiences
Best wishes
Debby

Edited by member 03 Aug 2018 at 17:35  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 03 Aug 2018 at 08:50
Welcome from me too Notdeadyet (and long may that continue) !!
We can't control the winds - but we can adjust our sails
User
Posted 03 Aug 2018 at 15:36

Hi, Good luck.  Keep us posted it will be interesting to learn how it works there including timescales and treatment options.  Regards Peter

User
Posted 03 Aug 2018 at 15:52

Welcome. I would say it’s sad you are here but in reality every guy is heading this way at some point so welcome to the party! Plenty of drinks in the kitchen.

Fresh

Base jumping without a parachute should be frowned at, never criticised. Fresh

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 03 Aug 2018 at 07:15

Welcome, and ask away any questions or share your experiences
Best wishes
Debby

Edited by member 03 Aug 2018 at 17:35  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 03 Aug 2018 at 08:50
Welcome from me too Notdeadyet (and long may that continue) !!
We can't control the winds - but we can adjust our sails
User
Posted 03 Aug 2018 at 15:36

Hi, Good luck.  Keep us posted it will be interesting to learn how it works there including timescales and treatment options.  Regards Peter

User
Posted 03 Aug 2018 at 15:52

Welcome. I would say it’s sad you are here but in reality every guy is heading this way at some point so welcome to the party! Plenty of drinks in the kitchen.

Fresh

Base jumping without a parachute should be frowned at, never criticised. Fresh

User
Posted 03 Aug 2018 at 21:11
Welcome notdeadyet,

You might check out the YANA Now web site run for many years by a much missed guy from Australia which still bears his mark, though the current moderator is a Yank with very good contacts and knowledge. It tends these days not to be as well used as an advice forum as PCUK, but it has a big database of individual cases, including a !ong entry of mine where the pseudonym is Old, rather than Auld, Codger. Very searchable and may help you as much as this forum.

Good Luck

AC

User
Posted 09 Aug 2018 at 01:47
Thanks all, for the welcome!

Oh, I also have started a blog about my own experiences. Please feel free to have a read. I try to make it funny to provide a bit of relief in these trying times.

https://prostatecancernotdeadyet.com

Cheers!