I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Abiraterone Worries

User
Posted 13 Aug 2018 at 20:06

Wednesday looks like D day for me as far as staying on the Abi is concerned. I’ve been one of the unfortunate minority whose liver has had a bad reaction to the drug and my AST count has been all over the place. I’m currently on a half dose but AST went up again 3 weeks ago so I think this is it. All other liver enzymes okay. PSA not registered for 12 months but I think Prostap pretty much did that without the Abi. I gather that the next step will be to just let the Prostap continue to do its stuff until PSA starts to rise. I was only diagnosed 15 months ago so it’s all still a bit of a daze! Obviously worried about the future given I had widespread bone mets at diagnosis. Feeling a bit fragile again 

User
Posted 16 Aug 2018 at 08:34

Brilliant news Tony

"Incurable cancer does not mean it is untreatable and does not mean it is terminal either"
User
Posted 14 Aug 2018 at 12:41
I'm not surprised you are feeling fragile Tony, what with all that's going on for you.

Good luck on Wednesday

Best Wishes

Sandra
We can't control the winds - but we can adjust our sails
User
Posted 14 Aug 2018 at 18:42

Good luck Tony. Sorry to read about your problems. Hope the Prostap continues to do its job for many years to come.

Best wishes

Peter

User
Posted 13 Aug 2018 at 20:06

Wednesday looks like D day for me as far as staying on the Abi is concerned. I’ve been one of the unfortunate minority whose liver has had a bad reaction to the drug and my AST count has been all over the place. I’m currently on a half dose but AST went up again 3 weeks ago so I think this is it. All other liver enzymes okay. PSA not registered for 12 months but I think Prostap pretty much did that without the Abi. I gather that the next step will be to just let the Prostap continue to do its stuff until PSA starts to rise. I was only diagnosed 15 months ago so it’s all still a bit of a daze! Obviously worried about the future given I had widespread bone mets at diagnosis. Feeling a bit fragile again 

User
Posted 14 Aug 2018 at 16:47

Good luck on Wednesday Tony.

Ido4

User
Posted 14 Aug 2018 at 17:09
Good luck tomorrow Tony x
User
Posted 15 Aug 2018 at 19:05

Amazingly my bloods were all good. Last 6 liver function tests have gone 88>128>158>90>165 and today’s was 86! It’s really bizarre cos I’ve not done much different. The best bit is that the PSA still isn’t registering and that’s 13 months now. Can breathe again now!

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 14 Aug 2018 at 12:41
I'm not surprised you are feeling fragile Tony, what with all that's going on for you.

Good luck on Wednesday

Best Wishes

Sandra
We can't control the winds - but we can adjust our sails
User
Posted 14 Aug 2018 at 16:47

Good luck on Wednesday Tony.

Ido4

User
Posted 14 Aug 2018 at 17:09
Good luck tomorrow Tony x
User
Posted 14 Aug 2018 at 18:42

Good luck Tony. Sorry to read about your problems. Hope the Prostap continues to do its job for many years to come.

Best wishes

Peter

User
Posted 15 Aug 2018 at 19:05

Amazingly my bloods were all good. Last 6 liver function tests have gone 88>128>158>90>165 and today’s was 86! It’s really bizarre cos I’ve not done much different. The best bit is that the PSA still isn’t registering and that’s 13 months now. Can breathe again now!

User
Posted 15 Aug 2018 at 23:06

I'm delighted for you Tony.

I assume you will be staying on Abbi a while longer?

Take care

Peter

User
Posted 16 Aug 2018 at 07:19
Yes Peter. Back to see Onco in 3 weeks and if still stable I’ll get a 2 month supply and, hopefully, a break from the testing treadmill.
User
Posted 16 Aug 2018 at 08:34

Brilliant news Tony

"Incurable cancer does not mean it is untreatable and does not mean it is terminal either"
User
Posted 19 Sep 2018 at 22:18
Amazingly my Liver function dropped yet again to 65 and I’m now on an 11 week break from having to go to The Christie. It’s been every 3 weeks on average for 16 months so this feels like heaven! PSA still not registering which is awesome