I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

I have done a VLOG about my diagnostic journey

User
Posted 23 Aug 2018 at 12:34

I've done a VLOG about my diagnosis journey if anyone is interested. Here it is on YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvSGGacurYc

Do pass it on if it's of any help

Cheers

Dave

User
Posted 23 Aug 2018 at 13:41

Thank you for doing your blog , we are just in the middle of the diagnostic process, and we found it very helpful 

Wishing you all the best 

Hannah 

User
Posted 23 Aug 2018 at 15:08
Hi David,

Thank you for the link to your video which I believe men who are starting the diagnosis process will find helpful. Just a couple of comments regarding PSA. PSA is expected to increase with age, so a figure that is regarded as more normal for an older man, can be considered more likely to need investigation in a younger man. Also, there are cases, we have had some of them on this forum, where a man has a quite low PSA but quite advanced cancer although this is not so common.

The other thing is that you were showing quite a sizeable book on Prostate Cancer and this may well be comprehensive but we mostly recommend the 'Toolkit' available free to download or obtain in hard copy from the publications section of this forum.

It will be interesting to see your further blogs.

One of the few rules on this forum is that we must not name our consultants, although hospital names may be given. By linking to a video blog that names our medics circumvents this, so raises the question as to whether this rule should now be changed or limited.
Barry
User
Posted 23 Aug 2018 at 15:15

Hi Barry, I agree with all the points you make. Sorry, I didn't know the rule about naming Consultants I did the BLOG before joining the forum. I actually think that it's a sensible rule. I also agree that younger men can have a lower PSA but with active cancer. We know PSA as an indicator is limited and should always be discussed with your GP and / or oncologist. Thanks for the 'heads-up'