Notification

Error

Treatment choice process

User
Posted 23 Aug 2018 at 12:36

Hi All

I've done a VLOG on my treatment choice process and here it is on YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txs9tNbs3Xo

Do pass it on if you think it will be of any use.

Best wishes

Dave

User
Posted 23 Aug 2018 at 15:16
Thanks Dave
We can't control the winds - but we can adjust our sails
User
Posted 23 Aug 2018 at 15:28
Hi Dave,

Watched the first five minutes of episode one and fifteen minutes of episode two. Hope there’s a happy ending - to the film that is - as obviously ‘happy endings’ are more or less history for us now!

Love the vintage Rolex.

Thanks for taking the trouble to make the VLOG and best wishes for the future.

Cheers, John.
User
Posted 23 Aug 2018 at 17:08

Hi Dave,

Some relevant thoughts there. One of the factors that can influence treatment choice is how advanced the cancer is and this can vary considerably from man to man and produce differing success rates. With improvements, particularly in the area of radiation, these will change when reviewed over time. Perhaps partly due to this, some of the success rates that were read out from the book are very different from those available elsewhere but also for other forms of treatment. Some studies show Brachytherapy with or without EBRT is more successful than EBRT alone. Care should therefore be exercised in accepting the parameters of success provided in figures given. These treatment success rates are very different to those quoted from the book for example . They are broken down into Low Medium and High risk :- https://prostatecancerfree.org/compare-prostate-cancer-treatments/

Of course, treatment success it not the only factor in considering what to opt for.  Some men may place considerably more  importance on potential side effects, some even rejecting radical treatment with the thought that relying on less aggressive alternatives will give them better quality time for a period, even through that may mean shorter lives.

Edited by member 23 Aug 2018 at 20:11  | Reason: Not specified

Barry