I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

worrying pains

User
Posted 29 Aug 2018 at 15:59

not been on for a while but over past 6 months my husband has been diagnosed with inflammatory arthritis caused by radiotherapy. very painful and nothing really helps. physio for recent frozen shoulder that steroid injections didnt help at all. all agree no point treating this and really bad urological stuff till radium has run its course.

probably nothing but im worried this frozen shoulder could be mets. is this likely? hormone treatment was stopped after 3 months as symptoms were very negative and he was told just to rely on radiotherapy as hormones only provide 10% protection anyway.

we are now to wait till next  july before tackling arthritis which has stopped him driving, cant grip wheel, and i cant help thinking maybe something should be done before then

any thoughts welcome  Lyn

The only thing you know is you never know,so,keep trying
User
Posted 29 Aug 2018 at 21:43

Hi Lyn, as long as the PSA is still nice and low it is unlikely to be mets, and yes, radiotherapy can sometimes make arthritis worse but the onco told you that last time you saw him, I think? Not sure why he should have to be in pain until next July but the latest PSA scores might help explain that.

When are you due to see the onco again? 

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 30 Aug 2018 at 15:39

While I was being diagnosed I got a very intense pain in my hip that I was convinced meant I had advanced Prostate Cancer. 

They said I hadn't but I was never convinced.  The pain did very slowly subside.  After my op I went to the GP who prescribed ibuprofin cream, which did no good, and a psa test to rule out PCa spread.  He said it's most likely arthritis.  It's still a bit sore but I think it is arthritis now.

I also got a bad back pain, same thing.

During diagnosis I was told not to blame everything on PCa but it's hard not to think about it.