I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

tolterodine long term

User
Posted 29 Aug 2018 at 20:12

i have been taking tolterodine for a few months  for urgency incontinence but i cant tell if it is doing anygood i am still getting up 4 times a night also taking tamsolusin,i have tried bladder training  with not much success you cant do it during the night when trying to sleep,or when im out and about when you wanna go you have to go to the nearest toilet,anyone else have these problems.

User
Posted 30 Aug 2018 at 19:45
ok.just thought id ask if anyone had any similiar problems.
User
Posted 30 Aug 2018 at 20:50
Yes I do have the same problems. I'm also T3b but Gleason 9 and 51 years old. I'm only on Tamsulosin (don't know what tolterodine is!). I can be up 4 to 8 times a night. I'm two and a half months past radiotherapy. Had really bad bowel trouble but Fibrogel seems to be fixing that.

Good luck to you!

Richard

User
Posted 30 Aug 2018 at 21:05

I’m four months past a radical prostectomy, gleas 3  + 4 plus a very large Prostate 160cc ,prior to the op I would get up between 4 and 6 times during the night after the op I was expecting an improvement ,but it was exactly the same , much better during the day , but at night no improvement nurse says it’s the way my kidneys work ,I would welcome some advice.

User
Posted 31 Aug 2018 at 09:52
thanks,rich tolterodine is supposed to be for urgency continence,im taking 2 mg twice a day,i take tamsolusin together in the evening with my 2mg of tolterodine supposed to work better when taken together but its still difficult trying to hold on.