I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

incontinence worse

User
Posted 05 Sep 2018 at 17:49

hi,just thought i would ask anyone,my urgent incontinence is getting worse cant help but leek sometimes,im on tolterodine and tamsulosin,they dont seem to be doing any good  and bladder training,its embarassing,has anyone got any tips thankyou.

User
Posted 05 Sep 2018 at 20:27
That's a very unfortunate situation so long after finishing RT. It is possible that the radiation affected your bladder more than hoped for. Increased frequency could also be due to a UTI or inflammation. I suggest you discuss with your GP who can perhaps do checks to exclude certain things. If this proves unhelpful you could refer directly or through you GP to your treating hospital consultant. If all else fails and perhaps a good idea anyway is to try and avoid things that act more as a diuretic and try drinking cranberry juice which can sometimes help reduce what you describe.
Barry
User
Posted 05 Sep 2018 at 22:00

Radar

I was having a chat with my district nurse during a SPC change, she said muscles and RT do not go together well. My SRT finished 15 months ago and despite having a SPC on free draining I still suffer from urge incontinence. One of my consultants suggested Botox  injections but I have yet to hear any success stories. I have tried almost all the anti spasm drugs and none have been totally successful. You could ask for a urodynamic  test to see what is happening. Conveen sheaths do work well but I am sure you want to avoid faffing around with bags etc.

Thanks Chris

User
Posted 05 Sep 2018 at 22:17
As far as I can remember, Radar has already seen the uro who determined that there was no mechanical reason for the problems and that was why he was referred to bladder retraining.

Radar, are you taking any supplements?

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 06 Sep 2018 at 16:54
thanks, its hard work done bladder training still trying to hold on as long as possible,but sometimes i leek embarassing looks like i will have to start wearing pads,i have always just used tissues pads are bulky,have to see gp again to see if there is anything else besides tolterodine,when the gp prescribed them he said they only work for a few months anyway,thats why i have been doing bladder training.i think i will just have to put up with getting up 4 times a night. lyn,regarding supplements none of them are diuretic except the green tea in pomi-t which i have been taking a long time,also modified citrus pectin, dim,probiotics, milk thistle,b12 oral spray,digest enzymes ,vit k2.all of which i have been taking for a long time all reccomended dosages,stopped vit d a while ago now on gps orders because my vit d level was high 5000iu daily.cheers.