I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

My dad’s cancer journey

User
Posted 05 Sep 2018 at 20:06

Hi all.  I am condensing my dad’s info into one thread as Chris suggested to make it easier to follow.  He started with a PSA of 60 and some urinary retention x6 months.  He had his biopsy done.  Results back today, with a gleason of 9.  Also extensive perineural invasion, and IDC-P.  Next step is to meet with oncology to decide which tests to run.  Overall, not feeling like this was a good biopsy in any way. Anyone have any insight into the IDC-P?

Edited by member 15 Sep 2018 at 04:30  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 05 Sep 2018 at 23:49
Laney, it would be a great deal easier to follow developments and provide advice if you were to create a single thread about your dad, and post to it when necessary.

Waiting for results is the thing that most people probably find most stressful. You’re certainly not alone there. You can at least take comfort from the fact that prostate cancer is nowhere near as aggressive as pancreatic cancer. The 5-year survival rate for pancreatic cancer is 7%; for prostate cancer it’s 99%. If your dad does have localised prostate cancer it will almost certainly not kill him.

Chris