I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

F-18 PSMA scans

User
Posted 15 Sep 2018 at 11:16

Does anyone have any experience, anecdotes or information about F-18 PSMA scans? Please note these are different from Ga68 PSMA (different isotope) and F-18 Choline (different tracer). 

I have seen that research in Germany primarily indicates that F-18 PSMA (not Choline) has superior diagnostic ability even at very low levels of serum PSA. 

I suppose it is too much to hope that anyone offers these scans in the UK, public or private? 

I'm going to start calling round some of the usual suspects (Marsden, London Clinic, Strickland, Guys) but I wondered whether anyone here might have knowledge that would help. 

User
Posted 15 Sep 2018 at 23:55

Hi Neil

I think I found this through clinical trials UK. It concerns Blue Earth Diagnostics (Axumin Fluciclovine F18)

Here is what I jotted down. Initial results from FALCON trial show 61% of patients with suspected recurrent PCa had treatment plan changed following Fluciclovine (18F) PET/CT scan. FALCON trial enrolled men with a biochemical recurrence being considered with curative intent.

FALCON is UK basted prospective multi centre open label study.

The Royal Marsden is one of the 6 leading institutions and I believe University College London is another.

So it could be worth asking if these hospitals will also do the scan outside the trial or otherwise who might do it.

This should not be confused with the 18FDCFPyL scan developed at John Hopkins which I believe is based on a further generation of Choline. http://www.blueearthdiagnostics.com/blue-earth-diagnostics-receives-marketing-authorisation-axumin-fluciclovine-1http://www.blueearthdiagnostics.com/blue-earth-diagnostics-receives-marketing-authorisation-axumin-fluciclovine-1

Edited by member 16 Sep 2018 at 00:04  | Reason: Not specified

Barry
User
Posted 16 Sep 2018 at 00:28
If it is the Blue Earth trial then it is searchable as FACBC or Axumin and is the one we thought John was going to get at St James’s in Leeds.
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 09 Oct 2018 at 13:08

Thanks both for your replies. As far as I can see the FALCON trial closed early due to achieving its end point targets early. 

Still trying to get information from some of the centres.