I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Bladder pain a year after surgery

User
Posted 19 Sep 2018 at 15:46

My Dad had a prostatectomy last September and a 6 week course of radiotherapy in March this year. 

He has had one PSA Test after which came back fine. 

Now the poor old boy has been experiencing lower groin pain and a "lumpy bit". Nurse at the GP though it was a hernia and sent him in to get looked at in the hospital today. 

No hernia. No idea what can be causing discomfort. He's got traces of bacteria in his urine and being sent for a scan through general surgery in a few weeks. Surely if its through gen. Surgery rather than urology then that's a good sign??

Anyone had any experience of adhesions or pain ornlumpy bits after surgery and radiotherapy? 

User
Posted 20 Sep 2018 at 09:10

Lisa

Can't answer question but just bumping you up the list. There are guys on here to have suffered adhesions, hopefully someone can help.

Thanks Chris

User
Posted 20 Sep 2018 at 09:52
Hi Lisa I am 3 1/2 yrs post surgery. I’ve had pain all below the surgical instrument insertions from day one. Really sore bladder when full. Painful bowel movements. Sometimes so bad I can’t sit up in bed in the morning but have to roll instead. My surgeon denies any involvement in this and decided I had suddenly developed diverticulitis. What a joke. GP said it was adhesions and that they may over time go. But they haven’t. I have no lumps or bumps anywhere though , and actually urinating itself doesn’t hurt