I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Just diagnosed feeling scared

User
Posted 01 Oct 2018 at 14:41

My husband was diagnosed on Thursday 26th September psa 9.8 Gleason score 4+4 And 3+4 is having a bone scan on Wednesday 3rd October then another meeting with consultant. Feel like things are still up in the air at the moment. 

User
Posted 01 Oct 2018 at 15:02
Hello Barbara and welcome to the site.

That first diagnosis takes your breath away doesn't it and then there's all the waiting around for more appointments and decisions but, believe it or not, life will likely become a little less stressful once a full diagnosis is made and a treatment plan is in place.

It's true that life is never the same again, but it does become your new "normal" and you'll both adapt.

Once a treatment plan has been proposed or if you want any more information please feel free to come and ask us.

Somebody is bound to know the answer!!

We can't control the winds - but we can adjust our sails
User
Posted 01 Oct 2018 at 15:07
Hi Barbara, sorry to hear your news.

The Gleason score is normally one set of figures, i.e. G?+?=?. Perhaps you have two separate scores for each lobe, left and right, and they should be consolidated into one?

Did you get a staging grade, i.e. T?N?M?

If you can supply those details the very helpful people here will be able to offer you a wealth of advice and experience.

Moreover, if you click on the name of any contributor on the left, you should see their personal ‘journeys’ (I hate that term). Click on mine for an example. Perhaps you will do one for your hubby?

I hope everything turns out for the best.

Cheers, John.

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 01 Oct 2018 at 15:02
Hello Barbara and welcome to the site.

That first diagnosis takes your breath away doesn't it and then there's all the waiting around for more appointments and decisions but, believe it or not, life will likely become a little less stressful once a full diagnosis is made and a treatment plan is in place.

It's true that life is never the same again, but it does become your new "normal" and you'll both adapt.

Once a treatment plan has been proposed or if you want any more information please feel free to come and ask us.

Somebody is bound to know the answer!!

We can't control the winds - but we can adjust our sails
User
Posted 01 Oct 2018 at 15:07
Hi Barbara, sorry to hear your news.

The Gleason score is normally one set of figures, i.e. G?+?=?. Perhaps you have two separate scores for each lobe, left and right, and they should be consolidated into one?

Did you get a staging grade, i.e. T?N?M?

If you can supply those details the very helpful people here will be able to offer you a wealth of advice and experience.

Moreover, if you click on the name of any contributor on the left, you should see their personal ‘journeys’ (I hate that term). Click on mine for an example. Perhaps you will do one for your hubby?

I hope everything turns out for the best.

Cheers, John.