I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Looking for advice on my symptoms

User
Posted 01 Oct 2018 at 16:33

Hi, I am 46 years old, healthy weight. I have lost 7 lbs in 3 weeks which I put down to healthier eating. I have had lower back pain and groin pain for the last 3 weeks on and off and some collar bone area pain. Yesterday I noticed my semen had a lot of bright red blood in it. I have no problems urinating or any pain when urinating. I have made an appointment with my GP in 10 days time. Should I be worried? 

User
Posted 01 Oct 2018 at 17:38

Not sure you should be waiting 10 days - it sounds from the back and groin pain like you may have an infection so should be checked over sooner rather than later.

Edited by member 01 Oct 2018 at 18:35  | Reason: Not specified

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 01 Oct 2018 at 18:53

Yes, get a quicker appointment at the doctor’s - tomorrow? - you are not one of the “worried well” who can wait a week or two for a consultation.

A urine test and anti-biotics will probably sort you out, but I recall a friend about twenty years ago who had some similar symptoms to you and he had a kidney stone.

Best of luck.

Cheers, John.

Edited by member 01 Oct 2018 at 18:55  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 01 Oct 2018 at 19:08

I’ll call the GP back tomorrow and see what they say. I have no problems urinating or any pain.