I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

A peaceful end

User
Posted 06 Oct 2018 at 12:04

Thank you to everyone who offered support and advice at this time last week.

My dad passed away yesterday morning. We managed to care for him at home all week after he was discharged from hospital. It is the hardest thing I have ever done, but I am so glad that we were able to be with him for the last week of his life.

He had a really tough week, but once the help was finally put in place, we were able to look after him and spend time with him. There were some horrendous days, but some lovely moments too.

Best wishes to everyone else who is fighting, surviving or caring through this terrible disease.

User
Posted 06 Oct 2018 at 17:02
So sorry for your loss but pleased you had some lovely times before the end. xx

User
Posted 06 Oct 2018 at 14:27
Thoughts are with you and your family.

Debby

User
Posted 06 Oct 2018 at 15:30
Very emotive. Hats off to you and love and strength to you all x
User
Posted 06 Oct 2018 at 15:36

Just wanted to say how sorry I am about your dad's passing. Take care of yourself.

Ann

User
Posted 06 Oct 2018 at 15:40

C

So sorry to hear of your loss, please accept my sincere condolences. Take care of yourself.

Thanks Chris

User
Posted 06 Oct 2018 at 16:56
Very sad loss for family but it ends Dad's pain which will also have been shared by family and friends. It can take a long time to come to terms with your loss but treasure the good times you shared for so long.
Barry
User
Posted 07 Oct 2018 at 09:30
I am so sorry to hear of the passing of your dad - my thoughts are with you and your family at this sad time.

In time I hope your memories of the lovely moments bring you all comfort. For now please look after yourself, take care, Janet, x

User
Posted 07 Oct 2018 at 12:05
So sorry to hear of your dad's passing Claire. I'm sure the fact he was at home surrounded my his family gave him great comfort. God bless xx
User
Posted 07 Oct 2018 at 12:43
So sorry but pleased you were all able to be there at the end. Take care of yourselves now.
Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 06 Oct 2018 at 14:27
Thoughts are with you and your family.

Debby

User
Posted 06 Oct 2018 at 15:30
Very emotive. Hats off to you and love and strength to you all x
User
Posted 06 Oct 2018 at 15:36

Just wanted to say how sorry I am about your dad's passing. Take care of yourself.

Ann

User
Posted 06 Oct 2018 at 15:40

C

So sorry to hear of your loss, please accept my sincere condolences. Take care of yourself.

Thanks Chris

User
Posted 06 Oct 2018 at 16:56
Very sad loss for family but it ends Dad's pain which will also have been shared by family and friends. It can take a long time to come to terms with your loss but treasure the good times you shared for so long.
Barry
User
Posted 06 Oct 2018 at 17:02
So sorry for your loss but pleased you had some lovely times before the end. xx

User
Posted 07 Oct 2018 at 09:30
I am so sorry to hear of the passing of your dad - my thoughts are with you and your family at this sad time.

In time I hope your memories of the lovely moments bring you all comfort. For now please look after yourself, take care, Janet, x

User
Posted 07 Oct 2018 at 12:05
So sorry to hear of your dad's passing Claire. I'm sure the fact he was at home surrounded my his family gave him great comfort. God bless xx
User
Posted 07 Oct 2018 at 12:43
So sorry but pleased you were all able to be there at the end. Take care of yourselves now.