Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

My Husband died last week from prostate cancer

User
Posted 08 Oct 2018 at 03:40

Hi 

My Husband died last week from prostate cancer.  He tried to keep how serious it was from me.  He went down real fast after chemo with docetaxel plus carboplatin.  I am still in shock, how do I manage alone?  He was in such pain, how could I want him to keep living in such pain.  He was so strong and talented.  It seemed like nothing could hold him down.  He built the house we live in, worked for everything he ever had, no one ever gave him anything.  And now the house is quiet without him.  I remember telling myself  I won't do anything drastic for a year.  He handled all the bills, wouldnt let me help.  Now I find myself at times overwhelmed.  I did take some time to go fishing today with my dog.  I went back to work this week, trying to reduce my work schedule from 40 to 32 hours, supervisors seem unconcerned.

User
Posted 08 Oct 2018 at 10:29
So sorry for your loss. I think the not doing anything drastic for 12 months is a smart move, I would add work to that too so you might want to reconsider reducing your hours, now is not a good time to have time to yourself.

User
Posted 08 Oct 2018 at 11:27

I’m so sorry, Christine, to read of your loss. 

Ulsterman

User
Posted 08 Oct 2018 at 11:40
Christine my husband passed away in January after a 12 year battle ,i still struggle every day &have a cry most days , I really really do understand how you are feeling .My heart goes out to you ,Please take care .I was told not to do any thing for the first year .
User
Posted 08 Oct 2018 at 12:54
Sorry for your loss, hold on to all the great memories that you had together .

Best wishes

Debbyx

User
Posted 08 Oct 2018 at 20:27

I am so sorry for your loss and you will still be in that awful state of disbelief and shock. Take each day as it comes. Let yourself feel whatever emotion that comes up. You are right not to make any big decisions too soon.

Talk to any of us whenever you want - sometimes it is hard to talk to those closest to you. I hope your dog will give you comfort for he too will be feeling the loss.