Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Self Catherterisation

User
Posted 08 Oct 2018 at 21:07

Hi all,

After developing another stricture which was operated on just over three weeks ago I am now back on the Self Catheterisation routine for the foreseeable future.

I have been introduced to a new product called speedicath flex by Coloplast.

I find these much easier to use, they are flexible, more hygienic and discrete. The attached link gives you more information on the product and the opportunity to get a free simple to try for yourself.

https://www.coloplast.co.uk/global/Continence/Flex/Launch-A/

Hope this is of help/intrest to some of you.

Goose

Steve
User
Posted 10 Oct 2018 at 19:21
Very helpful Steve
We can't control the winds - but we can adjust our sails
User
Posted 10 Oct 2018 at 21:14

Goose

Are you using the catheter because of the need to release urine or in a attempt to keep the stricture open. I was doing intermittent self dilation twice a day at times. My stricture kept reforming and I numerous dilations. I found doing less dilations was better and period between dilations was longer. Have you tallked to your medical team about uretheral reconstruction ?

Thanks Chris

User
Posted 11 Oct 2018 at 21:25

Hi Chris,

I can go the the loo normally.  The self catheterisation is just to stop the strichture forming again.  The consutant did say if any problems arise down the road then they may need to consider uretheral reconstruction.

I do have a follow up appointment with the surgeon at the end od November so will see what that brings.

Goose

Steve