Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

RALP recovery

User
Posted 09 Oct 2018 at 12:19

Hi all

I had my RALP done in the Heath in Cardiff on October 4th. So far so good - I was out on Friday evening, stayed a night with relatives on Friday and got home on Saturday. Didn't have a good njght on Saturday - lot of pain I guess after a 3 hour car journey and effect of GA wearing off. Since then had better nights and the pain control is better established. No issues with the catheter so far.

Experience in the Heath was fantastic - we are lucky to have such dedicated and wonderful NHS staff.

Don't know if anyone is interested in my story, but I thought I'd put it out there!

Nigel 

User
Posted 10 Oct 2018 at 10:13

Hi Nigel,

Welcome to the forum mate and the community.  I was treading your path around mid may.  Prior to the op I didn't do much googling, it seemed to be quite scary, but since I have learned much more from forums like this and found it helpful.

Everyone has a slightly different story but by and large its mainly positive.

Keep posting, we are all in the same boat.

cheers

stu knowles

User
Posted 17 Oct 2018 at 11:11

Hi all

Well, I had my clips and catheter out yesterday. Feels really good not having the catheter in. So I am getting used to using the pads - not enjoying the experience but hopefully things will get better as my control hopefully returns. I realise it will take time so I'll try and be patient.

User
Posted 17 Oct 2018 at 15:31

HI Nigel

I bet you feel much better without the Catheter in. I had mine out after having the robotic surgery 5 weeks ago and felt so much better. 

Hopefully you will find your Urinary problems will improve. I found after around 4 weeks it got much better and I am now using just one Tena Pad absorbent protector level 2 a day . I find limiting the intake of tea helpful too 

Keep posting as Stu says as we all have different stories and it is good to share

I got some good news today myself. I saw my surgeon on Monday where he told me I had clear or negative margins so that the tissue the surgeon removed was surrounded by a layer of normal tissue and I got my first PSA result this morning and I was relieved to be told it was now less than 0.1 ng/ml which is what they hope for after surgery

I wish you all the best with your recovery and hope  your outcomes are very positive

Best Wishes 

Paul