I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Recovery and other problems

User
Posted 25 Oct 2018 at 14:36

I had my Radical Prostatectomy on 18/07/18 and elected for non nerve saving being 73 and not concerned about erectile problems etc. I have recovered well and am due my first check up on 22/11/18. I am a keen if not brilliant cyclist and at my age enjoyment is far more important than how quick I ride. Some of you have discussed saddles and while waiting until I can ride again I have researched what saddles are out there on the market. One name that keeps on cropping up is ISM and I would be interested in hearing from anyone who has purchased an ISM saddle what model it is and if they thought it was as comfortable as the manufacturers claim. They do a try before you buy which is good but I know I can buy much cheaper on the internet. I do however have another problem, on the day I was diagnosed with prostate cancer I was due to have back de-compression surgery for prolapsed disc spinal stenosis and sciatica, which has stopped me being as active as I would like to have been to aid my recovery. Too much running in my 40's 50's and 60's is my belief. but hey it was fun at the time. Interestingly my sciatica almost disappears when I'm on my bike so I'm keen to at least do some short internal cycling while I wait for my body to heal with a view to have the back surgery I so desperately need.

Well that's my story for now and I look forward to hearing from anyone re saddles etc.

Stay well my friends 

James

User
Posted 25 Oct 2018 at 19:45

Hi James,

My husband and me are keen cyclists and he's been using the ISM saddle for years and wouldn't use anything else. Whilst he's not had a Prostatectomy and likely won't, I would of thought anything that doesn't put pressure on that area is a good thing. 

User
Posted 25 Oct 2018 at 23:38
John's was from Tredz - I think it is Selle or Salle?
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard