I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

green tea extract

User
Posted 27 Oct 2018 at 20:06

did anyone see the programme the other day regarding antioxidants and that they may do more harm than good,and some people who took green tea extract had liver problems,the reason im asking this is because i have been taking pomi-t for a while and that has green tea in it,anyone any thoughts on this.

User
Posted 28 Oct 2018 at 01:05
Radar, the people with liver damage were taking big doses of green tea extract - 800mg per day or more. You would have to drink a lot of Pomi-T to drink that much green tea! But as we have advised you before, you should try to avoid any of these over the counter options unless you have checked with the GP or pharmacist that they are not going to interact badly with your other medications etc.

I am sure your Pomi-T is fine as long as you drink it sensibly.

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 28 Oct 2018 at 08:51
I had a mega dose pack of green tea supplements because I hate the taste of green tea. Luckily I was pretty rubbish at taking them and stopped way before my RT to be safe. They went straight in the bin the moment I read this on the BBC news.

The only supplements I take now are daily aspirin, high does Vitamin D and Capsicum. I think in reflection, too many supplements is just a headache anyway as you often forget to take them.

User
Posted 28 Oct 2018 at 09:23
thanks,lyn pomi-t is a capsule,pete i was taking 5000 iu of vit d for a long time but my gp told me to stop as my levels were to high.only things i take now is modified citrus pectin ,pomi-t ,dim,k2, cheers.
User
Posted 28 Oct 2018 at 09:47

Hi Radar, I just looked up the amount of each extract in a Pomi-t, see below.

Nutritional Information

• Broccoli florets and stalks (Brassica Oleracea) – 150mg per capsule

• Turmeric (Curcuma Longa) – 150mg per capsule

• Pomegranate fruit powder (Punica Granatum L) – 150mg
 per capsule

• Green Tea leaf extract (Camellia Sinesis) leaf 5:1 – 30mg equivalent to 150mg 
per capsule

• 60 Vegetarian / Vegan Capsules – hydroxypropyl methylcellulose, maize starch (Gluten Free)

Two capsules will provide the equivalent of 300 mg of green tea.

Ian

Ido4

User
Posted 28 Oct 2018 at 10:01

Originally Posted by: Online Community Member
thanks,lyn pomi-t is a capsule,pete i was taking 5000 iu of vit d for a long time but my gp told me to stop as my levels were to high.only things i take now is modified citrus pectin ,pomi-t ,dim,k2, cheers.

ha! I assumed that Pomi-T was tablets that you dissolved in water :-/ 

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 28 Oct 2018 at 17:13
thanks,300mgs for 2 capsules is ok,also in the sun newspaper on sat cancer milk lie,the idea that drinking milk is a myth claim scientists,it has been linked to forms of disease as it contains oestrogen ,this hormone can fuel tumours in breasts and ovaries in women and the prostate gland in men,but a review of scientific evidence suggests the levels in milk are too low to cause problems,prof greg majdic of the university of ljubljana in slovenia which analysed more than a dozen studies said there is no need for concern,cows milk is packed with protein, calcium,zinc,vitamins a and b and iodine.anyone any thoughts on that.
User
Posted 28 Oct 2018 at 19:10
My dad's Oncologist recommended Pomi-T to him. It's the only supplement she takes for what it's worth.