I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Psa in PCa

User
Posted 30 Oct 2018 at 13:25

hi, just after some confirmation. Am I right in thinking that when starting with a high psa on diagnosis it's not as important what the psa falls to but how quickly it changes? Dad's was 260 last year and went down to a low of 11. Is now up to 19.3 last time and 19.5 now. Anyone's thoughts on this would be appreciated. Thank you. 

Miffy
User
Posted 30 Oct 2018 at 16:52
Miffy, I would take encouragement from the closeness of the last two readings. What was the time interval between them? Is Dad receiving any treatment currently? Any thought of trying docetaxel again?

AC

User
Posted 30 Oct 2018 at 17:57

They were done at both injections of decapeptyl so 3 months apart. There's been no more talk of chemo although he is scheduled for an appointment with the oncologist on Monday. He recently had radiotherapy for his back pain and is on the decapeptyl and bicalutamide. 

Hes had very bad pain higher up his back to the point he had to go to hospital today. They have kept him in and done scans so we are waiting now to see if it's cancer related or a clot in the lung. Very worrying. 

Miffy