Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Absent Friends continue

User
Posted 05 Nov 2018 at 06:37

Hello Friends,

yesterday at our “All Souls” Service, held annually in one of our local Churches, 2 candles were lit in memory of our ABSENT FRIENDS now in that great Party in the Sky.

WE WILL,AND DO, REMEMBER THEM.

Chris.

User
Posted 05 Nov 2018 at 06:37

Hello Friends,

yesterday at our “All Souls” Service, held annually in one of our local Churches, 2 candles were lit in memory of our ABSENT FRIENDS now in that great Party in the Sky.

WE WILL,AND DO, REMEMBER THEM.

Chris.

User
Posted 18 Sep 2019 at 18:25

I was so very sorry to hear about Si.

And I must thank Lynne, Janet, Chris and Shirley for letting me get to see Vanessa's Facebook message on Sunday night.

Although I don't post much these days,  I'd have been desperately sad if I'd missed paying tribute to a truly great man and dear friend to so many of us here.

Ness's post was heart-wrenching but wonderful, a testament to them both.

Our thoughts are with Ness, Charlie and Stevie. May they get through these difficult times ahead and find the peace which will surely follow. Si would want nothing less for his beloved family.

We've known Si and Ness for practically the whole 7rs since his diagnosis, and always found their company a delight.

I found Si's attitude to his illness inspirational, and we enjoyed so many long chats as we stood outside the doors of The Mill On The Soar and The Euston Flyer (both of us smoking like chimneys).

He was truly a man after my own heart. We were both so stubborn and defiant in the face of our battles, questioning everything, and so determined to win through.

He actually brought his oncologist Jamie along to speak at two of our summer functions. They were close friends by then, but fought like cat and dog at times (so typical and often funny).

I probably speak for many of us here when I say when I say it was a privilege to know Si and his lovely wife Vanessa.

Another sad day, another good man gone too soon, another good friend taken.

AU REVOIR SI. We'll all meet again soon, evry single one of us.

And there'll be such a wild party up there when we do!

Si's profile page here is at https://community.prostatecanceruk.org/default.aspx?g=profile&u=13316

PS. There are still quite a lot of us from the early years who are somehow still here, and speaking personally, each loss of a good friend is a a massive body blow. I'm sure you all feel the same.

God Bless you Vanessa, Charlie and Stevie

X

User
Posted 16 Sep 2019 at 16:25

It is with great sadness that I have to tell you that Simon, Si, passed on yesterday at 12.37 with Vanessa at his side.

RIP Si, you will be sadly missed by Vanessa, Charlie and Stevie as well as all of us on here.

See Simon’s story and Si Ness on the forum. 

Chris.

PS, that just leaves George and I of the old group I think.

Edited by member 16 Sep 2019 at 17:03  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 18 Sep 2019 at 21:42
Very sad loss of a great man and contributor to his forum. Condolences to his family. Agree with all that George (another stalwart) posted.
Barry
User
Posted 19 Sep 2019 at 08:26

We were both very sorry to hear the very sad news about Si and send our condolences to Nessie, Charlie and Stevie.

I enjoyed spending time with Si and Nessie at the Euston Flyer in London at the Christmas get togethers and at the weekends in Leicester.

I am sure Si will be remembered by those who knew him and were aware of his “persuasive” skills when planning his treatment with Jamie, his consultant. Si understood his body and considered and questioned the treatment options with determination to get the treatments which he considered were right for him and his family.

He will be missed and remembered for how he dealt with his prostate cancer.

Alan and Celia

Edited by member 19 Sep 2019 at 08:33  | Reason: Not specified

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 05 Nov 2018 at 08:09

Hi Chris

Thank you for this simple act of remembrance that you unfailingly carry out each year. 

Kind regards

Kevan 

User
Posted 16 Sep 2019 at 16:25

It is with great sadness that I have to tell you that Simon, Si, passed on yesterday at 12.37 with Vanessa at his side.

RIP Si, you will be sadly missed by Vanessa, Charlie and Stevie as well as all of us on here.

See Simon’s story and Si Ness on the forum. 

Chris.

PS, that just leaves George and I of the old group I think.

Edited by member 16 Sep 2019 at 17:03  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 16 Sep 2019 at 16:46
Thanks Chris, your annual memorial is greatly appreciated.

RIP Si

p.s. I'm still around!

Roger
User
Posted 16 Sep 2019 at 21:43

I am so sorry to read about Si, he was the one person who got me when I was first diagnosed, he was such an inspiration to me. I already miss the fact that he is not there if I have any questions. RIP Si, thinking of Ness and the girls.

Dream like you have forever, live like you only have today Avatar is me doing the 600 mile Camino de Santiago May 2019

User
Posted 18 Sep 2019 at 13:14
RIP Si - I am so sorry to read this update. Sending to love to all of the family x
User
Posted 18 Sep 2019 at 14:18

I'm so sorry to hear that Si has left us. It was a privilege to know him, even though it was only for a short time.

RIP Si

Steve 

User
Posted 18 Sep 2019 at 17:47

Chris

John is still here, but hanging on by a very loose thread. 

Devonmaid 

User
Posted 18 Sep 2019 at 18:25

I was so very sorry to hear about Si.

And I must thank Lynne, Janet, Chris and Shirley for letting me get to see Vanessa's Facebook message on Sunday night.

Although I don't post much these days,  I'd have been desperately sad if I'd missed paying tribute to a truly great man and dear friend to so many of us here.

Ness's post was heart-wrenching but wonderful, a testament to them both.

Our thoughts are with Ness, Charlie and Stevie. May they get through these difficult times ahead and find the peace which will surely follow. Si would want nothing less for his beloved family.

We've known Si and Ness for practically the whole 7rs since his diagnosis, and always found their company a delight.

I found Si's attitude to his illness inspirational, and we enjoyed so many long chats as we stood outside the doors of The Mill On The Soar and The Euston Flyer (both of us smoking like chimneys).

He was truly a man after my own heart. We were both so stubborn and defiant in the face of our battles, questioning everything, and so determined to win through.

He actually brought his oncologist Jamie along to speak at two of our summer functions. They were close friends by then, but fought like cat and dog at times (so typical and often funny).

I probably speak for many of us here when I say when I say it was a privilege to know Si and his lovely wife Vanessa.

Another sad day, another good man gone too soon, another good friend taken.

AU REVOIR SI. We'll all meet again soon, evry single one of us.

And there'll be such a wild party up there when we do!

Si's profile page here is at https://community.prostatecanceruk.org/default.aspx?g=profile&u=13316

PS. There are still quite a lot of us from the early years who are somehow still here, and speaking personally, each loss of a good friend is a a massive body blow. I'm sure you all feel the same.

God Bless you Vanessa, Charlie and Stevie

X

User
Posted 18 Sep 2019 at 18:29

So very sorry to hear of Si's death. I remember him from my time in the community. My heart goes out to Ness and their daughters. I will be thinking of you all tonight with love. RIP, Si. X

User
Posted 18 Sep 2019 at 20:09
Sorry to hear about Si’s passing. My thoughts are with the family.
User
Posted 18 Sep 2019 at 21:42
Very sad loss of a great man and contributor to his forum. Condolences to his family. Agree with all that George (another stalwart) posted.
Barry
User
Posted 19 Sep 2019 at 08:26

We were both very sorry to hear the very sad news about Si and send our condolences to Nessie, Charlie and Stevie.

I enjoyed spending time with Si and Nessie at the Euston Flyer in London at the Christmas get togethers and at the weekends in Leicester.

I am sure Si will be remembered by those who knew him and were aware of his “persuasive” skills when planning his treatment with Jamie, his consultant. Si understood his body and considered and questioned the treatment options with determination to get the treatments which he considered were right for him and his family.

He will be missed and remembered for how he dealt with his prostate cancer.

Alan and Celia

Edited by member 19 Sep 2019 at 08:33  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 20 Sep 2019 at 09:11

A truly special man and beautiful family, who will always be remembered by all who met them, love Janet, xx

User
Posted 21 Sep 2019 at 18:07
My heartfelt condolences to Si's wife Vanessa and their children who should be (and no doubt - are) very proud of a courageous man

I don't post much any more but I heard that Si had passed and was so sad that he could no longer get the better of this disease.

Rest in Peace Si

We can't control the winds - but we can adjust our sails
User
Posted 22 Sep 2019 at 08:09
As you would have seen on Devonmaid post her beloved John passed on last night at 20.20.

RIP John, another of our friends sadly passed onto that great party in the sky, out of pain, but not out of our memories.

Chris.

User
Posted 22 Sep 2019 at 09:18

Sorry to read that.

Ido4

User
Posted 22 Sep 2019 at 14:12
Condolences to Devonmaid.

What a bugger this disease is

We can't control the winds - but we can adjust our sails
User
Posted 22 Sep 2019 at 16:45
Rest In Peace John.

A true gentleman and the strongest of fighters.

Sincere condolences Allison, our hearts are with you at the sad time.

George and Lynn

x

User
Posted 15 Oct 2019 at 10:04

My heartfelt condolences to Allison. xx

User
Posted 16 Oct 2019 at 15:54
It is time for me to compile the list of names for this years All Souls Service, this year on November 3rd, if you want anyone added please contact me soon.

Chris.