Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Aching in testes/pelvic area

User
Posted 05 Nov 2018 at 13:35

Hi

Its been a while since I posted last, in fact it was 2015!

Dad was put on zoladex in 2015 and although had side effects ie bit breathless his levels remained low.  For some reason after 3 years the consultant wanted to bring him off it and not issue further treatment but watch his levels.

In July this year it was 0.02 and he has just had another one done on 2nd Nov which is 0.06.

I have managed to get an appointment with the consultant as he has been having aching in the testicle area which has now moved up to his pelvic area which started sonetime in October.  He has also mentioned not eating so well - whether that’s worry or not, I don’t know but he hasn’t gone off eating in the past.

I was surprised his levels had only risen that much based on his symptoms.  I know doubling time comes into it, but when his psa rose to 15 before he was put in zoladex he didn’t have these symptoms.

He was diagnosed in 2010 with Gleason 8, had the op to remove in Feb 11 and has been on casodex, or zoladex since.

Any ideas what could be going on - he has an appointment in 2 weeks but just wondered from the people that live it what your thoughts are.

Thanks very much

Tracey

User
Posted 05 Nov 2018 at 16:55
Tracey, I have been on Zoladex for 11 years. Coming off was never an option for me, but it looks to me as though your Dad may need to think of recent months as a treatment holiday and prepare himself for going back on the stuff. There seems to be some PCa active in his body somewhere and it will need to be brought under control (although the PSA levels you quote are very low and at another hospital would be rounded up to <0.1 and regarded as undetectable). I don't think any of us on here can advise on the aches and pains. They may be psychosomatic or significant. The oncologist may arrange a scan and can certainly give better advice than any layman!

Good Luck

AC