Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

On stampede trial arm J, PSA starting to rise

User
Posted 30 Nov 2018 at 14:32

Hi everyone,

I’m on the stampede trial arm J, that’s prostap injections every 3 months with abiraterone, prednisolone and enzalutamide added from diagnosis. For 3.5 years my PSA had been <0.05. My blood pressure had crept up over this time but at the start of October it went up significantly. I was told to stop taking the abiraterone and enzalutamide until my blood pressure was under control and put on 5mg of Ramipril daily, two weeks later blood pressure under control and back on abiraterone and enzalutamide.

Unfortunately, since I started the Ramipril my PSA has started going up!!! I’ve had 3 blood tests and each one has increased its currently 0.14 with a doubling time of just under 6 weeks, testosterone is <0.5. My oncologist says she’s not worried by the rise as they are only small numbers, I however am worried.

Has anybody else had a similar issue with blood pressure medication, or is it just a coincidence and it looks like the treatment is starting to fail?

Any feedback would be gratefully appreciated

User
Posted 30 Nov 2018 at 16:50
Ian, I've been on Ramipril for donkey"s years and was on abirsterone for nearly three years. There was no interaction between the two. Looking at your results, it seems to me that the testing laboratory may have changed its sensitivity declaration or maybe there was a change of lab? I think your oncologist has given good advice. I don't think you should yet assume that the treatment is failing, but abiraterone in my experience only works for so long.

AC