I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Op scheduled for Tuesday

User
Posted 07 Dec 2018 at 17:37

I am 55 I was diagnosed on 22 November. PSA 4.6. All “indications” are that it is confined to the prostate. Gleason 7 (4+3). 5 out of 11 cores positive with disease appearing to be confined to the left of the prostate. I am scheduled for a partial nerve sparing robotic RP on Tuesday. The medics seem positive enough but I would be grateful to hear about outcomes from anybody with similar figures. I appreciate that no 2 prostate cancers are alike but it may give me some idea of what to expect.

Thanks.

Edited by member 08 Dec 2018 at 13:19  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 07 Dec 2018 at 18:43

Hi Z,

Wow that was quick service! Are you going private or NHS?

You can read my observations by clicking on my profile and also my ongoing report by clicking here:

https://community.prostatecanceruk.org/posts/t16224-Retzius-Sparing-Laparoscopic-Radical-Prostatectomy

Best of luck.

Cheers, John.

Edited by member 08 Dec 2018 at 10:01  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 07 Dec 2018 at 20:28
Hi,

I'm almost 4 years further down the line now so pleased feel free to check out my profile as we have a similar profile.

Paul

THE CHILD HAS GROWN, THE DREAM HAS GONE
User
Posted 07 Dec 2018 at 22:54

Hi Z,

I too had a similar profile and had surgery 2 years ago. Check out my profile and posts and feel free to ask any questions.

Good luck

David

User
Posted 08 Dec 2018 at 07:41
Hi Z

I also had similar dx two years ago. Check my profile and ask if you want more specific detail.

Good Luck

Cheers

Bill

User
Posted 08 Dec 2018 at 18:02
Thanks for the responses. I am being treat on the NHS John, but it has actually not been that quick although things have moved along since the diagnosis was confirmed. I have added a bit more detail to my profile setting out what has happened for the past year or so. I feel so well and have no symptoms which makes it very odd to come to terms with the fact that I will be undergoing major surgery in the next few days. It is reassuring to know that you have all come through this difficult part and seem to be doing well.

Thanks

User
Posted 08 Dec 2018 at 19:46

Hi, I was 4+3, hard left side,  13mm tumour at apex. Non robotic op on 16/12/16.  4+4 post op. My psa was 9.9.  The op was quite a good day out sleeping for 3hrs and then no pain at all and immensely relieved to have it out.  It could be touch and go about removing your catheter pre-Christmas although I had my staples removed and catheter removed 27 and 29 December or thereabouts.

You don't feel ill now and in a few weeks you should be pretty good again although side effects vary from man to man.  My thought was take it easy, don't strain anything for a few weeks although keep walking every day.  The sphincter needs tlc.   All the best!

User
Posted 09 Dec 2018 at 12:30

It seems you have been buggered about for a year, and I think you should have had an mpMRI around three months or earlier after your first referral.

Let’s hope it’s all contained within the capsule. Mine was not.

Cheers, John.

Edited by member 09 Dec 2018 at 14:32  | Reason: Not specified