Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

treatment for advance prostrate cancer

User
Posted 11 Dec 2018 at 04:48

Hai group members i am very much happy to join our groups 

My father having metastatic prostate cancer few months back only diagnosed.

Initially he had many symptoms like

   Frequent urination

•  Weak or interrupted urine flow or the need to strain to empty the bladder
  •  The urge to urinate frequently at night
  •  Blood in the urine
  •  New onset of erectile dysfunction
  •  Pain or burning during urination, which is much less common
  •  Discomfort or pain when sitting, caused by an enlarged prostate

For the above signs was observed and the patient admitted in hospital and dr. suggested to patient to take further investigation  like bone scan,usd,PSA,cretaine,urea and biopsy for enlarged prostrate.Initially biopsy was done gleason is score 9,based the results biopsy and bone scan dr declared the patient is affected prostate cancer STAGE IV.

Dr.suggested haromone theropy Orchiectomy Procedure TURP NOT DONE

Utamide 50 mg Tablet taking daily one

The Orchiectomy procedure was done the patient was returned to home after 3 days .After the surgery he had little improvement  he is taking food normally but still he is having  sever constipation motion not coming regularly. The Orchiectomy procedure was done 27 october after one month of surgery urine catheters was removed the patient does not urinate properly.patinet again urinating through the urine catheters

Now the patient condition

Now the PSA level 3.53

After the motion he is having sever buring senstsation

Kindly suggest above the treatment and future treatment when prostrate will shrink when he will urinate without catheters.why s he is having sever buring senstsation (he could not tolerate )after motion

Thank you

Thanks and regards

A.Jeevak

User
Posted 11 Dec 2018 at 08:16
Hi "A",

The purpose of this community is to allow prostate cancer sufferers and their relatives to talk to one other, share our experiences, and offer mutual support. What we can't do is offer medical advice - we are not doctors!

I'd suggest that you download the information booklets (the "Toolkit") from this site; they're full of helpful information. You could also give the nurses a ring on the freephone number at the top of the page. They're very helpful and can answer most medical questions.

Very best wishes,

Chris