Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

NERVE DAMAGE UNABLE TO WALK

User
Posted 12 Dec 2018 at 12:01

DEAR ALL,

Thanks for your cooperation and support me all the time from your valuable views , please tell my father is unable to walk due to nerves damage oncologist said its chemo side effect it last upto 1 year 3 year 5 year can you pls confirm me nerves can heal automatically by eating nutritious food and medicines or its side effect from cancer goes to spine and affect the spine . after 4 th chemo my father is unable to walk . 6th is last chemo now its 4 month he is unable to walk.

regards 

Bose

User
Posted 12 Dec 2018 at 12:09
It is called peripheral neuropathy. Yes it can sometimes get better but may take many years
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 13 Dec 2018 at 00:42

Hi Bose

like your father I have nerve damage which started after the 6th infusion and found it very difficult to walk. It has now been a year and it still affects me and is not pleasant but I can see an improvement albeit slow. I don't think there is a cure for his, only time to allow the nerves to repair themselves.

Roy

User
Posted 13 Dec 2018 at 07:02

Bose

Investigate the treatment of peripheral neuropathy with hyperbaric oxygen therapy. If you need more info about centres please ask, you can get treatment for free depending on circumstances.

Thanks Chris

User
Posted 13 Dec 2018 at 07:57
In India Chris?
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 13 Dec 2018 at 09:32

Thanks Lyn did not realize. Bose there appears to be HBOT centres in India but not many and I have no idea on cost.

Thanks Chris

User
Posted 13 Dec 2018 at 11:58
DEAR ROY AND LYNEYRE,

THANKS FOR YOUR REPLY . hyperbaric oxygen therapy is available in India .

regards,

Bose