Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Pelvic twinges

User
Posted 14 Dec 2018 at 10:09

Hi

Just enquiring if anyone who has had RP or RT or the combination of both as had any pelvic discomfort some years later. For some weeks now I have had twinges in the pelvic area ie to the right of my dangly bits. It’s not significant or constant at all. My thoughts are that it’s probably something to do with the RT. 

But just want to put it out there to see if others have had similar. My GP has referred me back to oncology so I will mention it to them when I see them

Cheers

Bri 

User
Posted 14 Dec 2018 at 16:52
I get twinges in my hips and sometimes worry about them plus I notice recently my hip and back are clicking a lot especially at night when I move in bed. I’ve tried to put it down to HT effects.
Hopefully someone with more knowledge than I will answer.

Ido4

User
Posted 14 Dec 2018 at 22:03

Bri, it sounds like it could be adhesions as a result of the RP? Or the nerves are still a bit jangly in that area - nerve damage can take a very long time to heal.

Ido, yep - if you are still on HT then the pains could be your pelvis widening and the clicking could be because your ligaments have softened and stretched

Edited by member 14 Dec 2018 at 22:03  | Reason: Not specified

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard
User
Posted 15 Dec 2018 at 12:17
I have my final PROSTAP 3 HT injection 3/1/19 so we will see if things settle after 2 years and 3 months on HT.
Bri, the nerves do get stretched and moved which can result in neuropathic pains.
Hope it settles.

Ido4

User
Posted 17 Dec 2018 at 15:07

I had epididymitis a few years after RP, which caused hernia-type twinges in the area you mention. do you gave testicular sensitivity/pain?

antibiotics cleared it up. i had RT in the Spring of 2018 and havent noticed much aches & pains of late

User
Posted 17 Dec 2018 at 15:24

Originally Posted by: Online Community Member

I had epididymitis a few years after RP, which caused hernia-type twinges in the area you mention. do you gave testicular sensitivity/pain?

antibiotics cleared it up. i had RT in the Spring of 2018 and havent noticed much aches & pains of late

I had epididymitis a few months ago, and yes, it's flipping painful smile . It is, however, not in the hip! The epididymis is a tube that runs (one on each side) from the testicles to the prostate. In my case in was very definitely testicular pain.

Chris

User
Posted 17 Dec 2018 at 22:31

Yes, i did not mean to say it was in the hip, but to the right and left side of my ”dangly bits” towards the hip - in the groin area

my GP said that pains from the testes could be felt along the inguinal area and further - no clue why

Edited by member 18 Dec 2018 at 14:25  | Reason: Not specified