Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Shoulder pain coming off Triptorelin

User
Posted 20 Dec 2018 at 11:11

Hi all

Apart from struggling with weight as my mental and physical energy has been low I have recently been getting sore twinges in my shoulder muscles on the outer shoulder next to the joint. It twinges when I lift them above shoulder height mainly on the left and poking them shows a very definite sore area of muscle.

I applied common sense when my hind brain shouted "mets!" and ignored that voice.

What I do wonder is if you can get a flare up of muscle and joint issues when coming off Trip as I also notice my knee and ankle joints twinge occasionally.

Only other issue at the moment is sporadic IBS probably trigged by me adding a handful of mixed nuts a day as that apparantly is a goof thing.

Thanks

PP

User
Posted 20 Dec 2018 at 15:13
Could be your body reacting to the changes caused by stopping medication?

Hopefully others will answer.

Ido4

User
Posted 20 Dec 2018 at 15:14
Thats what I wonder - am going to talk to PCUK nurse and see physio tomorrow

Ta

User
Posted 20 Dec 2018 at 15:36
McMillan Nurse thinks it is side effects - I am seeing a physio and will review with them in the new year (early PSA test) if it is still giving me gyp.

Time to accept I no longer have the perfect and unfailing body of Mr. Hemsworth sadly.

User
Posted 21 Dec 2018 at 09:19
Rotator cuff wear and tear. Am taped up like an Olympian.
User
Posted 21 Dec 2018 at 11:47
Good to hear it's not cancer-related, Pete. We tend to assume that every ache and pain is!

Have a good Christmas,

Chris

User
Posted 21 Dec 2018 at 15:39
That’s good it isn’t anything to do with PC.

Ido4

User
Posted 21 Dec 2018 at 16:27
Well, the onco nurse, PCUK nurse and physio all said if it was met pain it would be constant and unbearable (plus rare to present up too early) and this pain is of the:

Patient; “it hurts when I do that”

Doctor: “well don’t do that then”

Type.

Of course without tests one cannot rule anything out but I am learning to work with common sense.

Bloody hurts mind you 😂