I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Psa results in Dad

User
Posted 20 Dec 2018 at 14:38

I posted a couple of weeks ago about an abnormal psa test result in my dad and being worried. He's had a repeat test today which showed a drop from 24 to 14, he's literally in the hospital now, got my mum messaging me but looks like he will be a few hours yet because they're doing some further examinations. 

Is it, in your experience, a good sign that the psa has dropped in 2 weeks? 

User
Posted 20 Dec 2018 at 15:07

I'd say the drop in PSA is a good sign.

My father, now 80 years old, has had prostate issues for years, including raised PSA and urination issues. No PCa.

Today, forum poster, JanetM who had concerns for her husband with a similar raised PSA, was given the all clear.

A raised psa doesn't always mean PCa.

I wish you all the best and hope the tests come back negative.

Neil

Edited by member 21 Dec 2018 at 12:22  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 20 Dec 2018 at 22:13

Thank you for your response. I am delighted to say that the tests all came back clear. No cancer. I am elated, my dad turns 77 tomorrow and I knkw he isn't going to be around forever but the thought of losing him to cancer terrified me. The thought of losing him at all terrifies me. 

I am so grateful for all of the advice I was given personally and that i read on other posts, I can honestly say that having a place I could go for actual personal experience rather than facts and statistics given on medical sites/leaflets was a godsend, and made the last two weeks bearable and stopped me from having sleepless nights worrying.

I will remain on the forum and pop in and out, my dad has prostate problems that much is clear, and he will be having repeated tests in another 6 months to keep an eye on his prostate due to the problems he has and I imagine all you lovely lot will be there if anything ever crops up in the future.

I am very grateful to this forum and everyone in it, I am only sorry that for many the news won't be positive. 

Thanks again,

Steph xx 

User
Posted 20 Dec 2018 at 22:39
Marvellous news Steph xx
User
Posted 20 Dec 2018 at 22:49

Steph,

Very pleased to hear the good news. Have a great family Christmas. 

Neil.

User
Posted 21 Dec 2018 at 07:07
Two negative results in one day!

How positive is that? Very unusual.

Pleased for you and Janet and your men.

Enjoy your Christmas.

Cheers, John.