I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Excess skin

User
Posted 20 Dec 2018 at 17:11

Hi, my first posting here: I wonder has anyone experienced this side-effect of surgery. I had a radical prostatectomy just over 2 weeks ago after being diagnosed with intermediate PC in October. I had my catheter removed 3 days ago. One problem I have is that my penis and testicles swelled up a lot after the op but have now gone down but there seems to be a lot of excess skin, so for example it's hard to retract my foreskin to pee and wash properly and is generally quite uncomfortable down there. Has anyone else had this and is there anything I can do to help it reduce? Thanks for any thoughts.

User
Posted 20 Dec 2018 at 17:44
There was a post here a few days ago regarding circumcision.

If you search for that it might be helpful.

Cheers, John

User
Posted 20 Dec 2018 at 18:35
Too early to worry tbh. I’m circumcised so was ok , but I too had lots of swelling and pain and soreness. My testicles could barely be touched for 12 weeks !!!! Be a patient patient and see what pans out. Lots of fluid down there at the moment ok
Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 20 Dec 2018 at 17:44
There was a post here a few days ago regarding circumcision.

If you search for that it might be helpful.

Cheers, John

User
Posted 20 Dec 2018 at 18:35
Too early to worry tbh. I’m circumcised so was ok , but I too had lots of swelling and pain and soreness. My testicles could barely be touched for 12 weeks !!!! Be a patient patient and see what pans out. Lots of fluid down there at the moment ok