I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Treatment xandi

User
Posted 20 Dec 2018 at 22:32

Just been told my kidney problems are the lympnodes are swelling in that area,this means I will have a small tube put in my body and a bag fitted to Empty my water.

Also been put on enzalutamide I have castration resistant cancer been on hormone therapy for 5 years, have been castrated 2 years ago now I am advanced prostate cancer.

Anyone on enzalutamide can you tell me how you are doing.

Chr

User
Posted 24 Dec 2018 at 02:10
Hi cjc, good to see you posting again although it is sad to see that your cancer is still active despite you opting for castration - that was a big decision to make.

There is very little research data on the success of enza after surgical castration as so few men in the UK take that route. What we do know is that men who are chemically castrated but become castrate-resistant do very well on enza and on average live for a year or more longer than they would have done otherwise. Hopefully, the lymph nodes will shrink a bit once you are on the new regime.
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard
User
Posted 27 Dec 2018 at 17:16

Thanks for your reply just had to tell you I am now getting infections of 2 times a month been in hospital  on drips antibiotics, my doc seems no affective an do not know what to do.

Every 3 month I will see my oncologist but I think I need to see a urologist my peeing is getting really slow.

Thanks again 

User
Posted 27 Dec 2018 at 19:20
Yes - you should ask to see the urologist that you were under previously, or have a new referral now. Some men are given a prophylactic antibiotic (ie they take it all the time) to reduce the risk of UTIs - that may be the best option for you.
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard