I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

worried about cytoscopy

User
Posted 23 Dec 2018 at 19:05

Hi all i had a ultasound a couple of days ago to look for kidney stones they noticed my prostate was pushing into my bladder , my doctor phoned me the next day to tell she had arranged a cytoscopy for me in the next couple of weeks iam worried its cancer she said it didnt look like or thought it was cancer i dont have any symptoms like blood in urine difficulty in weeing pain but any help would be appreciated thanks .

Edited by member 23 Dec 2018 at 20:06  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 23 Dec 2018 at 19:50
Have you given blood for a PSA test?. Has your GP done a DRE (digital Rear Examination - finger up your bum) to feel whether your prostate is hard or irregular? It could just be that it is enlarged called BPH for Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia. It can be a bit of a drawn out process getting all the tests and results but meanwhile try not to panic
Barry
User
Posted 23 Dec 2018 at 20:05

No Barry she hasnt she seems more concerned with my bladder for some reason i had a urine test a couple of weeks ago and it showed i had a water infection and was treated but because my prostate was pushing on my bladder they want to do the cytoscopy in my bladder thanks .

User
Posted 23 Dec 2018 at 23:45
A cytoscopy won't tell them whether you have prostate cancer; perhaps once that's done you could ask whether they intend to do PSA test, DRE and possibly an MRI?
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard