in massive pain   cannot stand for more than amin or two

attended urology twice as emergency to flush clots through  cathater 

dont feel as though improving 

need full time care , from wife who has had to take unpaid leave 

when does it get better ???????

User
Posted 29 Dec 2018 at 22:43
Hello

I am 3 weeks post RP and had the catheter out last Friday. I found the catheter very uncomfortable. On the basis that the medics have found nothing wrong, I found that drinking lots of water helped, along with walking or standing. I was also careful to keep on top of the pain meds. I found that sitting down was more uncomfortable than standing. You should also make sure that the catheter is strapped up properly, especially the thigh strap. If the catheter is pulling or hanging loose it will hurt.

It is horribly uncomfortable but after 10 days you are probably due to have it out soon. Best of luck.

User
Posted 29 Dec 2018 at 23:13

RM

Not sure if you had open, or one of the less invasive ops. The only real pain I had post RARP was caused by constipation. By passing (leaking) was a bit of an issue but normally only happened when passing a motion. I did have occasional blockages caused by clots but as already mentioned drink plenty of water. What colour is the urine in the bag ?. I do find I produce more urine lying bed but it is also important to keep mobile.

Thanks Chris

Added.

Is your collection bag below the level of your bladder and are you sure you are not bending or kinking the pipe ?

Edited by member 29 Dec 2018 at 23:20  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 30 Dec 2018 at 10:07

Hello

Is there any way that you can get a second opinion on the catheter problem – from the surgeon that carried out your operation maybe, or your local GP?

Rob