I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Profile update

User
Posted 03 Jan 2019 at 15:24

Well, ive just come back from seeing my Oncologist, and my PSA is up again, 2.1 in October and 3.9 now, see him again in July and back, once again, on HT, but its nearly 13 years since surgery so looking upwards and forwards, just booked a cruise for May 2020!

Edited by member 03 Jan 2019 at 16:00  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 03 Jan 2019 at 15:24

Well, ive just come back from seeing my Oncologist, and my PSA is up again, 2.1 in October and 3.9 now, see him again in July and back, once again, on HT, but its nearly 13 years since surgery so looking upwards and forwards, just booked a cruise for May 2020!

Edited by member 03 Jan 2019 at 16:00  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 03 Jan 2019 at 15:43

Hi Chris

Sorry to read your news about the rise in PSA but hopefully the return to HT later on will knock it back again.

Are you going on holiday in a Tardis as I see you  have booked for 2010 - enjoy. 

Kind regards

Kevan 

User
Posted 03 Jan 2019 at 21:19
Chris J, no I don’t have bone mets, just a slight spread from the Prostate 13 years ago and what’s left enables the little sods to carry on circulating around my body. Just being controlled by I HT, this is the quickest rise during a pause period.

Chris.
Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 03 Jan 2019 at 15:43

Hi Chris

Sorry to read your news about the rise in PSA but hopefully the return to HT later on will knock it back again.

Are you going on holiday in a Tardis as I see you  have booked for 2010 - enjoy. 

Kind regards

Kevan 

User
Posted 03 Jan 2019 at 16:12

I hope the HT knocks it back.

User
Posted 03 Jan 2019 at 17:20
Are you actually M1. ?? Can’t see from your profile. Do you have bone spread ?

If life gives you lemons , then make lemonade
User
Posted 03 Jan 2019 at 18:32

Chris

All the best with the treatment, you have certainly had an eventful journey.

Thanks Chris

User
Posted 03 Jan 2019 at 19:00
Hi Chris,

Good luck with treatment.

Enjoy the cruise.

dave
Do all you can to help yourself, then make the best of your time. :-)
User
Posted 03 Jan 2019 at 19:30
HI Chris

Hope HT knocks that PSA back and you enjoy the cruise and many more of them.

Ray
User
Posted 03 Jan 2019 at 21:19
Chris J, no I don’t have bone mets, just a slight spread from the Prostate 13 years ago and what’s left enables the little sods to carry on circulating around my body. Just being controlled by I HT, this is the quickest rise during a pause period.

Chris.
User
Posted 03 Jan 2019 at 22:17
I think it’s great that you’ve tackled it head on , and here you are many many years later. All your treatments have held it at bay. I’m so terribly scared I’m only 51 and don’t really want any of these treatments at all. My psa is 82 now and G9 with lymph spread even post surgery. I recovered totally from surgery and don’t want any more treatment except for pain. If they said 5 yrs with treatment and 3 yrs with none , I think I’d take the 3 yrs. My mind and mood and bipolar can’t seem to cope any more. Just my young son who is 8 to stand by in reality. I have zero desire to be chemically castrated and watch my wife go out each weekend whilst I watch Masterchef and wonder where she is. I know my personality won’t cope at all. And I think chemo is a no go for me ever. Filling my body with toxins. Not my style unless red wine. Too young to die I guess but I approach my Onco each time with “leave me ‘ , rather than ‘ help me ‘. I’ve nursed men tiill their death with PCA and it’s not what id want yet I guess pain rules the world. Wiith regards to treatment ive been living life to the max and endless fun but ever rising psa means gloom sometime I guess and I’m ready for it. I know I won’t tolerate HT , my. mind wouldlt cope with It I’m sure at 51. Maybe at 75 when I’m done with fun a little more

If life gives you lemons , then make lemonade