I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

diets while on holiday

User
Posted 04 Jan 2019 at 09:31

hi, when i read a lot on here,i notice people who go on holiday cruises etc, how do you go about which food do you eat when away, do you eat anything,because it  will be difficult for those who stick to a diet when at home,when not at home i eat anything because i get hungry,anyone else find it difficult.

User
Posted 04 Jan 2019 at 11:21
It depends on what you mean by diet, we cut down on dairy and red meat, easy to do anywhere, if your diet is more restrictive then just ask at the restaurants.

Chris
User
Posted 04 Jan 2019 at 12:33
I find I tend to eat more on holiday - most hotels offer an amazing breakfast, and restaurants outside the UK aren't so obsessed with tiny portions and huge prices.

What I try to do is go mad at breakfast, and try not to snack during the day, then have a fairly early evening meal.

Doesn't work, of course, I put on weight. But hey, it's a holiday.
User
Posted 04 Jan 2019 at 14:36
Heck, yes, I can guarantee to put on half a stone after a week's holiday through eating far more than I do at home. Fortunately it comes off again almost as quickly. I'd say forget a diet while you're on holiday (unless it's necessitated by medical needs of course) and enjoy yourself!

Chris