I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Early good news

User
Posted 04 Jan 2019 at 23:48

I recieved the the lab results today following my robotic RP. it was confirmed that the cancer was fully removed with no cancer in any of the nodes that were removed. I realise that this is subject to the usual caveats but it is the best news that I could have expected at this stage and I have every hope that the first psa result will be undetectable. Having been sucked into what felt like a black hole when I was diagnosed this seems like a bit of light at the end of it all. I hope this provides some comfort for those who are still numb after the initial diagnosis. At least it proves that things can get better and that there is a good prospect of remission and even  an eventual cure where the cancer is caught early.

Edited by member 05 Jan 2019 at 11:37  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 04 Jan 2019 at 23:48

I recieved the the lab results today following my robotic RP. it was confirmed that the cancer was fully removed with no cancer in any of the nodes that were removed. I realise that this is subject to the usual caveats but it is the best news that I could have expected at this stage and I have every hope that the first psa result will be undetectable. Having been sucked into what felt like a black hole when I was diagnosed this seems like a bit of light at the end of it all. I hope this provides some comfort for those who are still numb after the initial diagnosis. At least it proves that things can get better and that there is a good prospect of remission and even  an eventual cure where the cancer is caught early.

Edited by member 05 Jan 2019 at 11:37  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 05 Jan 2019 at 09:36

My experience is quite similar to your’s Zebulon (See my bio).

Except that I had my robotic op. at the end of March 2018, and have had three quarterly PSA tests since – all “undetectable”!

It is not unusual to feel tired (and also somewhat “brain-fogged”) after a major operation and hours of anaesthetic, and this sometimes lasts for a few months.

User
Posted 05 Jan 2019 at 12:19

That's great news Zebulon. My husband is a bit further down the road from you with his operation in November 2017. He had a good histopathology report and undetectable PSA since. The feelings of relief at those initial results were better than a lottery win. ( Well maybe not as good as that couple's in N Ireland that won the £115 millions 😀) 

We just have to hope we are in " The Lucky Club"  as far as the cancer returning goes and it stays away  indefinitely.

Wishing you best wishes for your first PSA as things are looking good for you.

Ann

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 05 Jan 2019 at 09:36

My experience is quite similar to your’s Zebulon (See my bio).

Except that I had my robotic op. at the end of March 2018, and have had three quarterly PSA tests since – all “undetectable”!

It is not unusual to feel tired (and also somewhat “brain-fogged”) after a major operation and hours of anaesthetic, and this sometimes lasts for a few months.

User
Posted 05 Jan 2019 at 12:19

That's great news Zebulon. My husband is a bit further down the road from you with his operation in November 2017. He had a good histopathology report and undetectable PSA since. The feelings of relief at those initial results were better than a lottery win. ( Well maybe not as good as that couple's in N Ireland that won the £115 millions 😀) 

We just have to hope we are in " The Lucky Club"  as far as the cancer returning goes and it stays away  indefinitely.

Wishing you best wishes for your first PSA as things are looking good for you.

Ann