Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Abiraterone decided

User
Posted 07 Jan 2019 at 19:07

Hi,

Dad seen his oncologist today who's decided abiraterone is the best route to take at the minute. Can anyone give me an insight as to how this treatment has worked for them? I know everyone is different but some positive stories would be really helpful.

Thanks

Miffy
User
Posted 08 Jan 2019 at 19:09

Hi Miffy

i have been on abiraterone now for exactly 3 years.

my spread is to lymphs in my throat, aorta, locally plus of course prostate. i was /am T4n1m1a, gleson 9, initial psa 342.

in the last 3 years i am not sure if i have had any side effects from the abiraterone at all.

my psa is 0.06, the lowest it has ever been, all my other bloods are fine.

i have run 1,000s of miles in races accross the arctic, Sahara, Albania,  Cambodia, Spain and Uk in the last 12 months alone, have never come last and always finished. i know i am at the ”lucky end” of the tolerance spectrum fir this drug but i sm (currently) living proof that things can go on as normal.

i have posted this before but i have a personal website www.makethemostofit.org which is designed to help anyone with pca see what is in my head to agree or not but either way to see an opinion.

i know that abiraterone wont last forever but it can work for years.

hope things go as well if not even better than i have had on the drug.

i take it first thing every day as i wake as you need an hour before food and that way it is done and i never forget (even sleeping in the snow in the Arctic!). 

kev

Dream like you have forever, live like you only have today Avatar is me doing the 600 mile Camino de Santiago May 2019

User
Posted 08 Jan 2019 at 07:44

That is so good to hear! As I said I know everyone is different but I can only hope dad does as well on it as your OH. Long may it continue. Thanks for your reply. 

Miffy
Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 08 Jan 2019 at 07:44

That is so good to hear! As I said I know everyone is different but I can only hope dad does as well on it as your OH. Long may it continue. Thanks for your reply. 

Miffy
User
Posted 08 Jan 2019 at 15:55
Miffy, it did the job for me for nearly three years and no side effects.

Good Luck.

AC

User
Posted 08 Jan 2019 at 19:09

Hi Miffy

i have been on abiraterone now for exactly 3 years.

my spread is to lymphs in my throat, aorta, locally plus of course prostate. i was /am T4n1m1a, gleson 9, initial psa 342.

in the last 3 years i am not sure if i have had any side effects from the abiraterone at all.

my psa is 0.06, the lowest it has ever been, all my other bloods are fine.

i have run 1,000s of miles in races accross the arctic, Sahara, Albania,  Cambodia, Spain and Uk in the last 12 months alone, have never come last and always finished. i know i am at the ”lucky end” of the tolerance spectrum fir this drug but i sm (currently) living proof that things can go on as normal.

i have posted this before but i have a personal website www.makethemostofit.org which is designed to help anyone with pca see what is in my head to agree or not but either way to see an opinion.

i know that abiraterone wont last forever but it can work for years.

hope things go as well if not even better than i have had on the drug.

i take it first thing every day as i wake as you need an hour before food and that way it is done and i never forget (even sleeping in the snow in the Arctic!). 

kev

Dream like you have forever, live like you only have today Avatar is me doing the 600 mile Camino de Santiago May 2019

User
Posted 08 Jan 2019 at 22:57

So good to read such good results!

Miffy