I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Instillagel - over the counter?

User
Posted 12 Jan 2019 at 14:43

Hello, is it possible to obtain Instillagel without a prescription? Sounds like it can be really useful. I am travelling to UK briefly this week and would like to get some ahead of the op I(n two weeks)as it sounds like it makes life a lot more comfortable for you. We live in the US and there is nothing like that here (or so it seems). Thank you!

User
Posted 13 Jan 2019 at 11:08

Yes it is, as long as they have it in stock, I was lucky they had a full box which I got, only used two out of the 10 but I don't care about the not used ones, it certainly worked which was a great relief at the time!

User
Posted 13 Jan 2019 at 15:26
thanks so much!
User
Posted 13 Jan 2019 at 16:17

H

My prescription service recently changed me onto "Hydro-Caine" which is similar to instillagel. I do prefer instillagel and so does my catheter nurse.

Thanks Chris

User
Posted 03 Feb 2019 at 15:25

I went to Boots and they told me it was prescription only :-(

I ordered some off ebay.  Cost 40pounds for 10 tubes.I am so glad that I got them as my husband found it relieved the irritation where the catheter exited. Over the 7 days of catheter he used 4 tubes. It may seem like an extravagance but he said he'd have paid anything to get rid of that particular discomfort as pain relief didn't affect the irritation!

the 6 tubes we have left have a long expiry date .Free to anyone stateside who wants them.

User
Posted 03 Feb 2019 at 17:47

H

I wonder if the national chains require a prescription, Lloyds list it as prescription only. I have bought it from 3 different independent pharmacies, all in the UK. Pleased to hear it worked. Hope his recovery goes well.

Thanks Chris

User
Posted 03 Feb 2019 at 19:47

Thank you Chris I bought it from an online pharmacy and it was definitely legit Instillagel. My husband is doing remarkably well 12 days post op, better than we could have hoped. Again thank you for all your word of wisdom and to everyone in this community as it is AMAZING.

User
Posted 04 Feb 2019 at 08:33
Glad to hear you were able to get what you needed. If it's of interest to others, you can buy it from Amazon UK.