Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error
<12

Issues making posts?

User
Posted 15 Apr 2020 at 10:30
The search function is cr*p but I really can't get worked up about bugs and flaws in the design.

If I raise £5000 for PCUK through a run or a dance, would I want that money to be spent on improving a chat forum or on research that might find a cure or improved diagnostics?
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard
User
Posted 15 Apr 2020 at 12:01

The site does have its problems and can get frustrating, generally the issues do eventually get sorted. I do find this site far easier to navigate than a couple of facebook catheter sites I belong too.

Thanks Chris

Edited by member 15 Apr 2020 at 12:04  | Reason: The post didn't format correctly

User
Posted 15 Apr 2020 at 17:45

The answer to "access denied" might be due to missing the need to verify the subject of the new thread. This has caught me out a couple of times (poor design / UX).

Flexi

User
Posted 15 Apr 2020 at 20:27
Sometimes, the access denied message comes up because the title of the post is too similar to existing titles?
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard
User
Posted 16 Apr 2020 at 01:18

Tried posting a new subject several times using other headings but still got the 'Access Denied' and that I was trying to post to an area not permitted or whatever. It was a thought about how the NHS staff might be rewarded post C Virus lockdown and I am sure had not been titled in any similar way previously.

As regards spending donated money on research rather than on sorting out a forum, I can understand the attraction for those who don't appreciate the help and support that many affected men and their families say they have got from this forum. There are always going to be costs incurred in running a charity and forum. I bet not all the people at PCUK give their time for free as we do and as a courtesy to us and those seeking support this forum should run properly. Look at it another way, what sort of message does it send to potential donors about the efficiency of a charity when they find the forum, their first experience they may have of the Charity is not fit for purpose and they can't even start a thread? Perhaps it is time to consider a measure of advertising to bolster funds as they do on another forum I am on and which has run faultlessly in the time I have been a member.

Edited by member 16 Apr 2020 at 01:24  | Reason: for clarity

Barry
User
Posted 02 Aug 2020 at 11:25

Is it me or my phone ? Have we had another downgrade of the site. My normal layout seems to have changed and a "my conversations" button has appeared that does not work.

Thanks Chris

User
Posted 02 Aug 2020 at 15:55

I am having to log in every time from my phone now despite having ‘remember me’ ticked

not sure if it’s just me so thought I’d mention

Thanks

Clare

User
Posted 02 Aug 2020 at 19:36

Bollinge 

Your in box is full.

Thanks Chris

User
Posted 02 Aug 2020 at 23:05

Originally Posted by: Online Community Member

I am having to log in every time from my phone now despite having ‘remember me’ ticked

not sure if it’s just me so thought I’d mention

Thanks

Clare

I've tried on the phone and iPad, Claret, and I am not having the problem you are describing

User
Posted 03 Aug 2020 at 08:59

Hi Claret & Colwickchris,

Claret - There may be several reasons why your browser started to forget your username and password for the site. It may be that your cookie to remember your login details has somehow become corrupted. The solution to this is usually to clear cookies but bear in mind this would mean you having to login for all sites you remember passwords for. 

Colwickchris - The my conversations button isn't new and is working as expected for me. Can you give me more detail as to what happens when you click it please? Do you get an error message? If you can provide some more details we can investigate the problem for you.

Best wishes,
Carol

Digital Manager
Prostate Cancer UK

User
Posted 03 Aug 2020 at 16:55

Carol

Once the my conversations button is clicked it takes 160 seconds to get to the my conversations page. 

Takes about five minutes to list conversations I follow which is none.

Takes about four minutes to change the conversations I've posted in list from last week to last hour.

Take 100 seconds to list all posts in conversations I've posted in but doesn't list all the conversations I have posted in , doesn't list any of mine or any of the prolific contributers.

Moving between all other menus and items takes less than a second.

If I select a Forum jump option another lengthy wait but then itsit 3 additional pages.

This was on a PC.

Thanks Chris

User
Posted 03 Aug 2020 at 16:55
Any update on the "access denied" issue when I try to start a new post.
You fixed this for me a while back but when I tried subsequently I got the same issue so just have to get by piggy backing on other people's posts which isn't fair on them or me.

Thanks
User
Posted 21 Oct 2020 at 09:43

So as not to hijack Techguys post, some info on the in box.

Copied from the site help section.

"There is a 100 message limit on the mail folders, so you may have to delete or export some of them from time to time. If you do not keep some space in the mailbox then you will not be able to recieve new messages.

There is a tick box next to each message which allows you to select one or more messages and archive, export, or delete them. If you choose to export you can select which format you want (XML/CSV/Text-File) and save them to your computer."

On my android phone the tick boxes are not visible ,if I want to delete or archive a message I have to use a Computer.

If you archive messages the percentage used value reduces but the number of messages remains the same. So if you have 100 messages and archive 50, your in box will still show as full to other users.

On another subject the time stamp on new conversations really needs to be addressed. In the last few days there have again been a number of new conversations that have gone unanswered for quite a while. I do change the "since last visit" option to "last two days" in order to see missed messages, unfortunately I do not always have the knowledge to help. 

Thanks Chris

User
Posted 10 Jan 2022 at 07:49

Is anyone else constantly getting a white shield on a blue Square poping up while on this site. I have touched the square and accepted the cookie request but it does not disappear. 

Is it a site problem or a problem with my android phone.

Thanks Chris

User
Posted 10 Jan 2022 at 07:56
Hi Chris I’m using an ipad and get it ,but I just ignore it ! But I did get your message through 3 times 🤷‍♀️.
Best wishes
Debby
User
Posted 10 Jan 2022 at 08:23
Yes same on my android
User
Posted 10 Jan 2022 at 09:05

Hi Chris,

The blue shield icon you are seeing is for the new cookie consent tool we use across our websites. The shield icon is always visible as it enables users to click on it to manage and update their cookie preferences if they so wish.

Best wishes,
Carol

Digital Manager
Prostate Cancer UK

User
Posted 10 Jan 2022 at 10:52

Carol, thanks for the reply. I get the cookie consent pop up on most sites but once processed the pop up disappears. On this site the shield and box is constantly there even after I accept all Cookies. On a personal computer it sits in the corner, but on a mobile device it is quite annoying, as it obscures part of the text. I have not noticed a permanent cookie reminder on any other website i use.

Thanks Chris