Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Docetaxil finished

User
Posted 20 Jan 2019 at 23:12

Hi everyone

well, hubby has completed 8 cycles of docetaxil, as he has neuropathy in his hands and feet he will not be having anymore.

psa 4282, not much if a reduction overall but hubby tolerated the chem o well and is f  eelingquitewell.

bone scan last week and ct scan next week will hopefylly tel us if any improvements have been made to bone metasteses.

we are bith now trying to focus on keeping well and active and nit obsessing about psa.

i am stii in search of any 4 figure psa guys on here.

happy new year everyone!

stay positive 🤗

User
Posted 21 Jan 2019 at 15:39

Hi PL

i was also a four figure PSA of 5806 when dx last August. Like your hubby have just completed six cycles of chemo (Docetaxel) and last week PSA down to 10.9. Chemo was tolerated with luckily only minor side effects. Neuropathy to fingers and toes was worst thing for me as well.

Had bone scan last Friday and now waiting for next meeting with Onco end of Feb to decide where we go next. Like you we are concentrating on being positive but I am totally obsessed with  PSA figures. 

Good luck and keep positive.

david

User
Posted 21 Jan 2019 at 17:54

Hi david

great news about your psa reduction.

my hubbys psa has sadly not been that low fir a couple of years and he has exhausted all the other options that will still be available to you like enzolutamude and radium 223.

can i ask did you have a reduced doseage of docetaxil? my hubby had it 80% throughout which we are told is hiw he managed to tolerate it so well fir 8 cycles.

best wishes

linda

User
Posted 21 Jan 2019 at 19:57

Hi Linda

as you can gather I am relatively new to this sorry journey. My Oncologist team started the chemo very soon after dx which appears to be their preferred option. As I am also on blood thinners having a biopsy would have delayed chemo so went without biopsy and pushed straight on to chemo which was regular dosage Docetaxel. This was alongside the Degarelix injections but have now switched to 3 monthly Prostap treatment. 

At dx there was spread to Lymph nodes some mets on ribs and pelvis plus one small met on jaw which seriously affected my tongue. Now just very tired much of time but without pain. Waiting for results and next meeting is the worst thing and deciding where we go next.

Best wishes

David

User
Posted 04 Feb 2019 at 22:55

Hi David

was just wondering how things were going with you?

my hubby has had results oh his bone and ct scans. no real change following chemo, more widespread, there are few bones left in his body that dont have cancer within them.

PSA continuing to rise, now back to over 5000.

our oncologist has given us the go ahead to go on holiday for a couple of weeks and then when we get back she intends to start cebazetaxil alongside the existing zoledronic acid infusuons.

apart from occasional back pain, and the usual lack of energy hubby feeling pretty good so we are off to barbados for some sun.

Best wishes

linda

User
Posted 05 Feb 2019 at 11:27

Hi Linda

Hope you enjoy the holiday. Nothing really changed for me at the moment. waiting for next 

review appointment is what seems to be the worst part. that”s not until 6th March now. CT scan first.

Fingers and toes slowly returning to normal, just lost one toe nail so not too bad. Trouble is every little ache or pain sets me off thinking what”s happening. All seems very new to me even after nearly six months since dx. I guess at some moment the full realisation of this ’journey’  will kick in,  hopefully I’ll cope. 

Roll on 6th March and I will find out what’s next!  

Sorry to see your hubby’s PSA has risen again but good that he is looking forward to the holiday. Hope you both enjoy it.

Best wishes and good luck

David

User
Posted 06 Feb 2019 at 17:11

Hi Linda,

I hope you both enjoy Barbados and can put things to one side at least until you're back. it's fantastic your husband is feeling well.

Me and my husband are just starting on this journey. Can you remember what his Gleason score is? 

User
Posted 06 Feb 2019 at 17:49

Hi Gemma

thank you for your message, gleason was 3+4 one side and 4+3 the other side psa initially was 106.