Show search

Notification

Error

Red bruised tummy

User
Posted 20 Jan 2019 at 23:32

Hi

Had RP surgery 6 weeks ago

Since than I have been having rest and plenty gentle walking but  since last friday reddish colour bruises appears on my tummy where the stitches were .l

ast Friday I had to go to high street for food shopping I was careful for not to carry a heavy shopping bag.my shopping bag was possibly as heavy as  3 kilograms I don't have a personal transport so I use public transport .as I was getting into bus an old lady asked me to load her shopping bag trolley into the bus so I did that gently. 

Than after I get off the bus  on.my way to my house I felt sharp pains on my tummy 

Question is I wonder the pain Is getting I'm getting suddenly are the results of lifting stuff of wrongly doing of pelvic exercise..Is  anybody out there had same experiences I'm having at the moment?

Thank you all advance for your suggestions 

D.R

Edited by member 21 Jan 2019 at 09:38  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 21 Jan 2019 at 09:35
Is the area sore or inflamed at all. Leaking pus or discharge?

Possible bruising coming out from the operation, even 6 weeks or so later maybe.

If the area is sore and inflamed then you need to get it looked at asap

We can't control the winds - but we can adjust our sails
User
Posted 21 Jan 2019 at 11:01

Think you need to be seen.😁

User

Hi Thanks very much for your kind suggestions. 

There is no discharge or pus at all.but if there is than  I wouldn't notice at all day time.

I don't stay in doors from lunch time until evening so I do have walks and walks maybe if there is pus they might have been observed by my clothes. Saying that I did notice some wetness. 

Yes they are sore 100%

I thank you for your kind advises soon I will contact with the hospital team.

D.R

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 21 Jan 2019 at 09:35
Is the area sore or inflamed at all. Leaking pus or discharge?

Possible bruising coming out from the operation, even 6 weeks or so later maybe.

If the area is sore and inflamed then you need to get it looked at asap

We can't control the winds - but we can adjust our sails
User

Think you need to be seen.😁

User

Hi Thanks very much for your kind suggestions. 

There is no discharge or pus at all.but if there is than  I wouldn't notice at all day time.

I don't stay in doors from lunch time until evening so I do have walks and walks maybe if there is pus they might have been observed by my clothes. Saying that I did notice some wetness. 

Yes they are sore 100%

I thank you for your kind advises soon I will contact with the hospital team.

D.R

User
Posted 21 Jan 2019 at 11:02

Hilary 

You made me smile with your smiling imo )

Sure I will contact with the hospital team soon 

Thanks for your suggestion.!

DR

User
Posted 21 Jan 2019 at 12:12

Johnson

I just spoke to a nurse from the same hospital where I had the Operation she said I wouldn't worry about it but if you wish to just contact with your GP or nurse at your local surgery 

DR.