I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Local Advanced Prostate Cancer

User
Posted 25 Jan 2019 at 08:58

My husband (58) has just been diagnosed with having Local Advanced Prostate Cancer following a TURBT 

operation to remove a tumour in his bladder.

We were told it's Local Advanced Prostate Cancer, his is an unusual cancer growth which is inoperable, Grade 4, with a Gleason grade 8.   

He is being treated for prostate cancer as the lab report said he has "seeds" in his prostate which grew through

the bladder into a 2cm tumour.    What a shock!   He had his prostate checked in November and results came back clear?????

We asked about life expectancy and was told 1-10 years!!

Hubby now has to go for a radioactive bone scan followed by hormone therapy and radiotherapy at Christies.

If cancer has spread into his bones this will be a different ball game all together i'm sure but we have to remain

positive all the same. 

Just wondered if anyone out there has a similar experience so we know what to expect

User
Posted 25 Jan 2019 at 10:43
Hi there I am sure others will be along with advice/their experience. I am afraid I am having trouble seeing all the text in your post. This won’t be your fault, there are technical issues with this forum. I will let them know

Bri

User
Posted 25 Jan 2019 at 11:26
If you want to read the whole post hit the PRINT THIS CONVERSATION button. It won't print but will show the missing text. when you finish reading just hit the browser back button to return to the normal view.
User
Posted 26 Jan 2019 at 01:27
That doesn't work and most of your post is missing.

MODERATORS, please can you ask techy people to try yo sort this one out?

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 26 Jan 2019 at 07:32

Try editing your post
Cut or copy / delete  original into notepad (not Word!) to remove formatting
Paste back
Save

Word processing equivalent of turning it off and on again 😂

Edited by member 26 Jan 2019 at 07:33  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 26 Jan 2019 at 10:12
I’ve added it as an issue for Carol to consider

Brian