I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Urgent chemo query - Docetaxel

User
Posted 27 Jan 2019 at 08:15

I’m due to undergo cycle 2 of my 6 cycles of chemo tomorrow. Before I commenced, I was told to take 40mg Prednisone the day before, the day of and the day after chemo and a much smaller daily dose for the whole course of chemotherapy.

Is the 40mg daily dose however something I have to do before each cycle or is it just a one off for cycle 1. Please don’t ask me to contact my oncologist. It’s impossible and when I do, I can’t understand French.

Thanks

User
Posted 27 Jan 2019 at 10:22

Hi Bazza

you take it that way each time, the day before, the day of and the day after. Hope all goes well.

love Devonmaid xxx

User
Posted 27 Jan 2019 at 10:29

Bazza . Just wondering ,can you not speak to your oncologist via your other half. I am assuming she speaks French of course.

Best of luck with your chemo

Ann

User
Posted 27 Jan 2019 at 11:04

Ann, speaking French and going into specific medical detail are two very different things. she only speaks basic conversational. 

User
Posted 27 Jan 2019 at 11:51
I was on 12 hours, 3 hours and 1 hour before then normal daily dose after.
User
Posted 27 Jan 2019 at 12:27
Strangely, I was on the cortico-steroid Prednisolone for a month last year for a form of eczema called nodular prurigo. The only side-effect I had was that the eczema disappeared, only to return as soon as I stopped taking it!

Interesting that it is also used in cancer treatment.

Cheers, John.

User
Posted 27 Jan 2019 at 14:23
Bazza

Ask the hospital for a translator as they should not ethically be dealing with patients when there is a clear language barrier.

User
Posted 27 Jan 2019 at 14:35

Originally Posted by: Online Community Member
Bazza

Ask the hospital for a translator as they should not ethically be dealing with patients when there is a clear language barrier.

I was  about to suggest  similar advice. I know in the UK they do all the time. Don't know about France though. Would you have to pay?

Best regards

Ann

User
Posted 27 Jan 2019 at 15:06

Husband was on 12 hours, 3 hours and 1 hour before then normal daily dose after, for every cycle.

Karen

User
Posted 27 Jan 2019 at 16:29

In the UK the NHS usually provide translators. i’d imagine France might have a similar system, it might be free?

User
Posted 27 Jan 2019 at 16:43
On the basis that they haven’t provided you with a translator up to now, and you are unlikely to get one today, I would take the 40g Pred today and tomorrow and then ask about the following day and future cycles when you get there Bazza.
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard