I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

It's just another blog, but if it helps...

User
Posted 01 Feb 2019 at 19:57

Hi all, I'm new to this site, but been blogging about my experience of PCa so far and would like to share it a bit wider than just my friends on Facebook.

If you want to take a look, it's at https://stewart124.wordpress.com/the-prostate-thing-1-introduction/ 

User
Posted 01 Feb 2019 at 19:57

Hi all, I'm new to this site, but been blogging about my experience of PCa so far and would like to share it a bit wider than just my friends on Facebook.

If you want to take a look, it's at https://stewart124.wordpress.com/the-prostate-thing-1-introduction/ 

User
Posted 02 Feb 2019 at 06:35

Hello Stew and welcome to the site.

I have started on your blog and despite what it's about I did find your writing amusing and informative as I'm sure any of the men about to start hormones or radiotherapy would as well.

Could I make a suggestion that you copy and paste into your profile on this site so that it is readily available in the future. That way you can direct people straight from here.

Each member's post disappears from the page as others come along and unless somebody remembers your name they won't be able to say to people "Have a look at Stew the Blog's post, you'll find it funny and helpful"

I've found my husband's profile page to be a handy way of keeping track of his diagnosis and treatment, almost like a diary in fact.

I've got as far as the radiotherapy blog and will make sure I read the rest over the weekend.

Keep up the positiveness Stew, and thanks for posting

We can't control the winds - but we can adjust our sails
User
Posted 02 Feb 2019 at 12:02
I second what Johsan said and see you have adopted suggestion for reference under your Profile/Bio.
Barry
User
Posted 02 Feb 2019 at 13:24
Just read your blog. Very amusing. Thanks for taking the trouble.

Best of luck for the future!

Cheers, John.

User
Posted 03 Feb 2019 at 10:41
This forum as you would expect is largely UK orientated but we have or have had members from the USA, Australia, India, Pakistan and France to name just those that come immediately to mind. Then we know that what is posted is put on the Internet and many others just look in rather than participate or become members.
Barry
User
Posted 03 Feb 2019 at 17:35

I read throgh your blog too Stew. Very amusing but also very informative.

I like the style of it.

Wishing all the best.

Ian

Ido4

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 02 Feb 2019 at 06:35

Hello Stew and welcome to the site.

I have started on your blog and despite what it's about I did find your writing amusing and informative as I'm sure any of the men about to start hormones or radiotherapy would as well.

Could I make a suggestion that you copy and paste into your profile on this site so that it is readily available in the future. That way you can direct people straight from here.

Each member's post disappears from the page as others come along and unless somebody remembers your name they won't be able to say to people "Have a look at Stew the Blog's post, you'll find it funny and helpful"

I've found my husband's profile page to be a handy way of keeping track of his diagnosis and treatment, almost like a diary in fact.

I've got as far as the radiotherapy blog and will make sure I read the rest over the weekend.

Keep up the positiveness Stew, and thanks for posting

We can't control the winds - but we can adjust our sails
User
Posted 02 Feb 2019 at 08:35

Hi Johsan, not sure I understand what you mean by "Could I make a suggestion that you copy and paste into your profile on this site so that it is readily available in the future. That way you can direct people straight from here"
Can you elaborate?

EDIT:  Please have a look at my profile.  I think I may have worked it out.  If I haven't, then please do elaborate!!!

Edited by member 02 Feb 2019 at 09:19  | Reason: May have answered the question myself

User
Posted 02 Feb 2019 at 12:02
I second what Johsan said and see you have adopted suggestion for reference under your Profile/Bio.
Barry
User
Posted 02 Feb 2019 at 13:24
Just read your blog. Very amusing. Thanks for taking the trouble.

Best of luck for the future!

Cheers, John.

User
Posted 03 Feb 2019 at 10:11
Thanks for reading it John, Barry, and Johsan.

I wasn't sure if taking a light-hearted approach would be appropriate for this forum, but it's just the way I have reacted to the experience, so if anyone is offended by it, I apologise.

What is amazing is the reach that this forum has - suddenly I'm getting hits on the blog from Thailand and Norway, which I never had before. Truly there is a global reach from PCaUK's site.

User
Posted 03 Feb 2019 at 10:41
This forum as you would expect is largely UK orientated but we have or have had members from the USA, Australia, India, Pakistan and France to name just those that come immediately to mind. Then we know that what is posted is put on the Internet and many others just look in rather than participate or become members.
Barry
User
Posted 03 Feb 2019 at 17:35

I read throgh your blog too Stew. Very amusing but also very informative.

I like the style of it.

Wishing all the best.

Ian

Ido4