I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Had a TP biopsy this morning.

User
Posted 07 Feb 2019 at 18:27

So feedback for anyone due to have one of these, as I sit here in my baggy jogging bottoms!

Remarkably ok, general anaesthetic which makes it easy so to speak!

I’m 54 and my PSA is quite low still even though higher than normal. Was 3.9 with no symptoms but crept up to 4.1 and mpMRI showed nothing but consultant said better safe than sorry since 4.1 and clear MRI statistically means I have a 10% chance of it being cancerous.

He offered me the trans perineal biopsy as less infection chance etc...

So really I’m just posting for anyone maybe concerned about having a TP biopsy.

Early days and peeing stings like a bugger because of the cathetar they use during op and a little blood in urine for a couple of days apparently, but for me, mostly clear. 

User
Posted 07 Feb 2019 at 20:31
Glad to hear that the biopsy went OK, Steve. You'll probably develop a quite spectacular bruise on your perineum which may make it uncomfortable to sit down for a few days, but the worst is now over.

It's normal to have a little blood in the urine for a few weeks, and your semen will be full of blood for perhaps a couple of months.

Best of luck with the results,

Chris
Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 07 Feb 2019 at 20:31
Glad to hear that the biopsy went OK, Steve. You'll probably develop a quite spectacular bruise on your perineum which may make it uncomfortable to sit down for a few days, but the worst is now over.

It's normal to have a little blood in the urine for a few weeks, and your semen will be full of blood for perhaps a couple of months.

Best of luck with the results,

Chris