Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Old blood in urine

User
Posted 08 Feb 2019 at 17:25

Hi

I Had a radical prostatectomy on the 12 jan this year which all seemed to go ok however the day after having my catheter removed i became unwell with high tempreture and unable to go to toilet this resulted in me being readmited into hospital and having to have catheter re fitted

after having scans and tests my consultant told me there had been a secondary bleed which had caused an infection i spent another week in hospital on iv antibiotics and 10 days at home on oral antibiotics. I am having really bad incontinence and cant seem to control my bladder i go  to toilet and sit there for ages and nothing happens and as soon as i pull my pants up i wet myself i have noticed on my pads there seems to be old blood in my urine i have been dolng  my pelvic floor exercises daily has anybody had any simlar problems .

User
Posted 08 Feb 2019 at 21:47

Mike

This soon after your surgery and the added complication of being re catheterised  I am not be a surprised you are getting blood in your pad, are you also getting bits of scabs?  Were you told you were leaking urine into your pelvic cavity ?  Standing up from sitting is probably one of the most common times that men start to leak, standing slowly while trying to contract the pelvic muscles may help contain the leak. Sounds like you joint has gone through more than normal and needs some time to settle down, that could be the cause of hesitation. Your bits get bashed about during surgery and yours sounds to have been bashed twice. Have you had any medical advice on resuming the pelvic floor exercises ?  It is early days but if in doubt ask you medical team for advice. 

Thanks Chris

User
Posted 10 Feb 2019 at 06:17
Hi Mike,

I passed brown (old) blood clots a month after my (straightforward) surgery.

If you think of the state of healing of the wounds of the skin on your abdomen, your innards are likely to be in a similar state, if not worse, having suffered more trauma.

Sorry you had complications, but time heals wounds.

Best of luck,

Cheers, John.
Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 08 Feb 2019 at 21:47

Mike

This soon after your surgery and the added complication of being re catheterised  I am not be a surprised you are getting blood in your pad, are you also getting bits of scabs?  Were you told you were leaking urine into your pelvic cavity ?  Standing up from sitting is probably one of the most common times that men start to leak, standing slowly while trying to contract the pelvic muscles may help contain the leak. Sounds like you joint has gone through more than normal and needs some time to settle down, that could be the cause of hesitation. Your bits get bashed about during surgery and yours sounds to have been bashed twice. Have you had any medical advice on resuming the pelvic floor exercises ?  It is early days but if in doubt ask you medical team for advice. 

Thanks Chris

User
Posted 10 Feb 2019 at 06:17
Hi Mike,

I passed brown (old) blood clots a month after my (straightforward) surgery.

If you think of the state of healing of the wounds of the skin on your abdomen, your innards are likely to be in a similar state, if not worse, having suffered more trauma.

Sorry you had complications, but time heals wounds.

Best of luck,

Cheers, John.
User
Posted 20 Jul 2019 at 22:21
Hi John,
Just posted asking if anyone had passed blood in their urine post surgery as I have tonight for the first after 4 to 5 weeks post surgery.
But not sure if it was old blood or not!
Have you any mor info?
Regards
Keith