I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Lung mets?

User
Posted 10 Feb 2019 at 10:35

hi guys, my daddy's been on prednisolone and zytiga now for a few weeks, hes recently been having trouble with phlegm and is worried that it could have spread to lungs. Is this a common area for mets or not really? I've tried looking it up but haven't found much info on it. Hes recently had a scan so I'm sure we will hear from that soon. He has no chest pain and it's not persistent but you cant help but relate every problem to the cancer. I hope this isn't the case. Thanks 

Miffy
User
Posted 10 Feb 2019 at 13:30

I think it most unlikely that Dad's PCa would have gone to his lungs based on what we have been told.  Yes, you do tend to relate any condition to PCa. If condition persists for undue length of time suggest Dad sees his GP. There are a lot of viral chest infections going round at present - had one myself and my daughter had such a deep one that she was hospitalized.

Edited by member 11 Feb 2019 at 00:19  | Reason: Not specified

Barry
User
Posted 10 Feb 2019 at 13:31
The liver and lungs are the most common organs that advanced PCa spreads to, but I certainly wouldn't assume anything until you get the test results.

Chris
Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 10 Feb 2019 at 13:30

I think it most unlikely that Dad's PCa would have gone to his lungs based on what we have been told.  Yes, you do tend to relate any condition to PCa. If condition persists for undue length of time suggest Dad sees his GP. There are a lot of viral chest infections going round at present - had one myself and my daughter had such a deep one that she was hospitalized.

Edited by member 11 Feb 2019 at 00:19  | Reason: Not specified

Barry
User
Posted 10 Feb 2019 at 13:31
The liver and lungs are the most common organs that advanced PCa spreads to, but I certainly wouldn't assume anything until you get the test results.

Chris
User
Posted 10 Feb 2019 at 16:31
Phlegm and a cough are known side effects of zytiga (Abiraterone)
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard
User
Posted 12 Feb 2019 at 18:20

Thanks everyone, he has an appointment on Monday for the second lot of zytiga. I'm assuming we will get scan and blood results then too. Always anxious time 

Miffy
User
Posted 13 Feb 2019 at 23:00

Dad admitted to hospital tonight due to severe pain in his back, sides and shoulder. Worried now more than ever about spread. 

Miffy
User
Posted 14 Feb 2019 at 09:05

Sorry to hear that Miffy. Hope they get him more comfortable quickly and find out the cause of the pain.

Edited by member 14 Feb 2019 at 12:59  | Reason: autocorrect!

Ido4