08/15 - 0.001

11/15 - 0.01

08/16 - 0.01

last 3 PSA results are:

09/17 - 0.01

01/18 - 0.02

09/18 - 0.03

the next blood will be taken 27 Feb.

It's taken a while for me to get to my particular state acceptance or karma about blood test results.  By that I mean, where I forget to call for the result on the morning of day 3 after it is taken.  It has got to day 6, when I've been reminded, got resulted, then celebrated.   Due to just asking and good fortune on my part, I've managed to get tested about every 3 -5 months since RRP in May 2013.  I've deliberately put this one off, thinking, it's about time I went to 6 monthly testing.  LOL  

The last 3 appear to show a pattern.

I've been fortunate thus far after Robotic RP in May 2013 in Reading.  I'm dry. I'm active.  So RRP and then dry and active.

If I'd read some recent comments about the side effects that I would definitely suffer after surgery maybe I would not have had it?  Maybe I'd be worse off now as a result?

We need some good new here to balance the sadness that we feel for others not so fortunate.

I'm not worrying, yet!

atb to one and all

dave

All we can do - is do all that we can.

So, do all you can to help yourself, then make the best of your time. :-)

I am the statistic.

User
Posted 22 Feb 2019 at 01:42

Your hospital lab evidently does ‘super-sensitive assay’ down to umpteen decimal places. My own only tests down to 0.1, and <0.1 is classed as ‘undetectable’.

Even the Royal Marsden, the top cancer hospital in Britain, only tests down to 0.04. Two oncologists and my surgeon said they do not set much store by super-sensitive assay because of ‘noise’, and one oncologist said it’s only of value if there are consistent rises over months or years.

So if you were here in Coventry or at the Royal Marsden all your PSA tests so far would be classed as undetectable.

Best of luck with the next one at the end of the month.

Cheers, John.

Edited by member 22 Feb 2019 at 02:46  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 22 Feb 2019 at 13:40
The average was 0.06 so obviously some were higher and some were lower. I will try to find out a) how high and b) the number of women tested.

CB - I like that you are "not worrying yet(!)" - as you know, it could simply be your body settling into a new norm.

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 22 Feb 2019 at 17:18
Probably just a dodgy corked bottle of red Dave :-)). I reckon you’ll be fine.
User
Posted 22 Feb 2019 at 19:20

CB

Not sure about the bottle of red, more likely a dodgy curry or could it be a water infection 🤕 , have you ever had a water infection 🤒?

Take care.

Thanks Chris & Dawn

User
Posted 22 Feb 2019 at 19:35
Well done mate on perking up. I had 3 pints of St Mig on getting out of hospital. My surgery was 8 days after my 48th birthday , so a guy has to celebrate right ..... Bit of a mess lol.
User
Posted 23 Feb 2019 at 05:39

excellent run of test results I hope mine continue the same way.

eddy.

User
Posted 28 Feb 2019 at 17:31

Fantastic results mate, long may that continue. take care, Kev

Dream like you have forever, live like you only have today Avatar is me doing the 600 mile Camino de Santiago May 2019

User
Posted 28 Feb 2019 at 17:55
Dave that is cracking news yet I know the worry never goes away for the fixed nor cursed ! I guess I’m in the cursed camp but boy have I enjoyed the last 18 months of complete normality before facing the future. I hope you’ve been enjoying the six years mostly, and with a tincy score like that you may as well be planning another good ten at least. Good luck to you and have a glass if you aren’t already .......
User
Posted 28 Feb 2019 at 18:48
Fab news x
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 28 Feb 2019 at 18:57

CB

Great news you deserve it. Thanks for the support you have given me and the members on here over the past few years. 

Thanks Chris and Dawn

User
Posted 28 Feb 2019 at 19:23

Great news. Thanks for sharing.

Ido4

User
Posted 28 Feb 2019 at 19:58
Whoo hoo! Nice 👍!!
User
Posted 28 Feb 2019 at 21:02
Great news😊
User
Posted 28 Feb 2019 at 23:21
Great result Dave👍👍
Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 22 Feb 2019 at 01:42

Your hospital lab evidently does ‘super-sensitive assay’ down to umpteen decimal places. My own only tests down to 0.1, and <0.1 is classed as ‘undetectable’.

Even the Royal Marsden, the top cancer hospital in Britain, only tests down to 0.04. Two oncologists and my surgeon said they do not set much store by super-sensitive assay because of ‘noise’, and one oncologist said it’s only of value if there are consistent rises over months or years.

So if you were here in Coventry or at the Royal Marsden all your PSA tests so far would be classed as undetectable.

Best of luck with the next one at the end of the month.

Cheers, John.

Edited by member 22 Feb 2019 at 02:46  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 22 Feb 2019 at 13:20

P.S. You might care to read the very last post of the thread below from our Matron here, where females were given super-sensitive PSA assays such as you have had, and they found readings of up to 0.06!

Of course, most females I know do not poses a prostate, but from what I read in the Press, the times they are a changin’ 😉

Cheers, John.

https://community.prostatecanceruk.org/posts/t9758-My-3-men-contd/page9#post213268

Edited by member 22 Feb 2019 at 13:22  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 22 Feb 2019 at 13:40
The average was 0.06 so obviously some were higher and some were lower. I will try to find out a) how high and b) the number of women tested.

CB - I like that you are "not worrying yet(!)" - as you know, it could simply be your body settling into a new norm.

User
Posted 22 Feb 2019 at 17:18
Probably just a dodgy corked bottle of red Dave :-)). I reckon you’ll be fine.
User
Posted 22 Feb 2019 at 19:20

CB

Not sure about the bottle of red, more likely a dodgy curry or could it be a water infection 🤕 , have you ever had a water infection 🤒?

Take care.

Thanks Chris & Dawn

User
Posted 22 Feb 2019 at 19:21
Evening All,

And thanks for the input.

John - your comments regarding the super sensitive test and what if I was tested elsewhere are noted, and thanks for the positive words. To put context into this, I remember one test result given to me as 2.0 way back by a foreign doctor. When I reacted understandably worried, and asked about the next treatment. I was told "You don't need to jump off a bridge just yet". I kid you not.

Lyn - Looking back now on yesterday after recovering from a late night, or early morning depending on how you look at it, I was too focused on the 3 apparent rises, not the larger picture and overall average as you have, so thanks for a new perspective. And today, I am back to being not worried at all. Yesterday was just a glitch, and although glitches still happen, they are less frequent and less deep than they have been. That is an issue that many of us going through this will understand, as you get more content, less worried, happier and more on a high, when you have a down, you have the potential to go further and deeper. Can't remember the last one. I'll see what gives and I'll deal accordingly.

Chris - far too much St Michael. LOL Maybe red would have been a wiser choice mate. Thanks

Hope you all have a good weekend. And enjoy step 3 towards the Grand Slam.

dave

I am the statistic.

User
Posted 22 Feb 2019 at 19:35
Well done mate on perking up. I had 3 pints of St Mig on getting out of hospital. My surgery was 8 days after my 48th birthday , so a guy has to celebrate right ..... Bit of a mess lol.
User
Posted 23 Feb 2019 at 05:39

excellent run of test results I hope mine continue the same way.

eddy.

User
Posted 28 Feb 2019 at 17:25
Got the result today, 0.02. Normal. Got a print out to be sure.

One thing the nurse and I discovered is that a lot of my PSA results are missing from the system, only shows the ones since 2017.

Don't know if anyone else has had their records lost, but worth considering keeping all your results just in case?

I'm still in the very fortunate camp. There continues to be hope, still.

If you are thinking of robotic surgery, maybe you will be as fortunate as I have been? Maybe not?

Almost 6 years on from RRP, low PSA, no urinary control problems to speak of, no ED. I'm so relieved, once again. Every time though, I'm aware of others less fortunate. ;-(

atb

dave

I am the statistic.

User
Posted 28 Feb 2019 at 17:31

Fantastic results mate, long may that continue. take care, Kev

Dream like you have forever, live like you only have today Avatar is me doing the 600 mile Camino de Santiago May 2019

User
Posted 28 Feb 2019 at 17:55
Dave that is cracking news yet I know the worry never goes away for the fixed nor cursed ! I guess I’m in the cursed camp but boy have I enjoyed the last 18 months of complete normality before facing the future. I hope you’ve been enjoying the six years mostly, and with a tincy score like that you may as well be planning another good ten at least. Good luck to you and have a glass if you aren’t already .......
User
Posted 28 Feb 2019 at 18:48
Fab news x

User
Posted 28 Feb 2019 at 18:57

CB

Great news you deserve it. Thanks for the support you have given me and the members on here over the past few years. 

Thanks Chris and Dawn

User
Posted 28 Feb 2019 at 19:23

Great news. Thanks for sharing.

Ido4

User
Posted 28 Feb 2019 at 19:58
Whoo hoo! Nice 👍!!
User
Posted 28 Feb 2019 at 21:02
Great news😊
User